What's Wrong With Her?

Aphmau's PoV:

"Are you sure you're going to be okay?" I ask tentatively.

Aaron smiles at me wearily, "I'll be fine. It's not my first time being home alone."

I grimace, "I know... but this time I'm going to be gone for a lot longer... Maybe I should cancel."

Aaron stands up and feels his way to me. "I know you're worried, but I can take care of myself for a couple of hours. Go have fun with your friends Shu."

I playfully raise an eyebrow at Aaron. "Shu?"

"I mean Aph," Aaron shouts as his cheeks turn light pink. "Sorry, force of habit."

"It's fine," I giggle, standing on my tiptoes and kissing his cheek. "Alright, I'll go, just promise me you'll be careful."

Aaron smiles as he rolls his eyes. "Ok, if it'll make you happy, Aph."

I smile before walking to the door; throwing one last look at Aaron before I leave. "Bye, FC."

Aaron looks down so I can't see his blush. "Bye, Shu."

I gently close the door behind me and walk, next door, to Kawaii~Chan and Katelyn's house. I knock on the door after a few minutes Katelyn opens the door and smiles at me.

"About time, Aph," Katelyn says excitedly, pulling me inside and shutting the door behind us.

"So what's the plan?" I grin.

"I was thinking we could go out and see a movie and after that, we could go to Olive Garden," Katelyn says in one breath. "Then we could come home and--"

"Woah, slow down, Kate," I interrupt, gently holding up my hands.

"I can't," Katelyn giggles. "We haven't had a girls' night in over a year. You've been back all week and all you've done is take care of Aaron."

"And all you've done is hang out with Travis," I counter.

Katelyn rolls her eyes and gives me a light shove. "Whatever, let's just go have fun."

"KAWAII~CHAN APHMAU IS HERE!" Katelyn calls up the stairs.

Kawaii~Chan doesn't respond. I frown and look at Katelyn, "Is something up with her?"

Katelyn grimaces, "She's rarely come out of her room ever since Zane left."

"Did something happen between them?" I ask hesitantly.

"Not that I know of," Katelyn shrugs before her expression darkens. "I swear if he hurt her I'll kill him."

"Hi, Aphmau~Senpai," Kawaii~Chan shouts while walking down the stairs.

My lips part when I see her. The corners of her eyes are red and her amber irises look dead. Her skin was always pale but now she looks whiter than snow. One of Zane's masks is hanging around her neck and one of his jackets is draped around her shoulders. The only part of her I can recognize is her smile; it's still full of life and what I once thought was never-ending joy.

"Sorry for the wait, Aphmau Senpai and Katelyn~Sama," Kawaii~Chan chirps, contradicting her appearance. "What are we going to do?"

"Kawaii~Chan?! What happened to you?" Katelyn cries out.

Kawaii~Chan closes her eyes and lightly shakes her head. Her smile grows even brighter when she looks at us again, but her eyes remain lifeless. "What are you talking about Katelyn~Sama?"

"You look awful, Kawaii~Chan!" I shout.

"That's not very nice, Aphmau Senpai," Kawaii~Chan teases.

I grimace, "Seriously Kawaii~Chan, are you okay?"

Kawaii~Chan looks away and fiddles with the mask. "Of course, Kawaii~Chan is. What gives Aphmau Senpai the idea she isn't?"

Katelyn scoffs, "Maybe it's the fact that you're wearing Zane's clothes?"

Kawaii~Chan blushes as she slowly pulls up Zane's mask. "Kawaii~Chan just misses Zane-Kun. Anyway, what are we going to do tonight?"

I keep my eyes glued on Kawaii~Chan as I slowly start to tune out Katelyn. I can only see myself two years ago when Aaron was almost killed at the lodge. I remember myself looking like how Kawaii~Chan is now. I barely interacted with anyone and always took Aaron's jacket and bandana wherever I went.

"Does that sound good to you Aph?" Katelyn asks, snapping me out of my train of thought.

"Huh- oh, yeah that sounds great Katelyn," I reply.

"Alright, let's get going," Katelyn smiles, grabbing me and Kawaii~Chan and pulling us out of the door.

*5 hours later*

"That was so much fun, Katelyn Sama," Kawaii~Chan squeals.

"Did you ever doubt me?" Katelyn smirks. "My Irene, it's been way too long since we did one of these."

"Totally," I agree, as we stop in front of their house.

I glance at Kawaii~Chan. She's still wearing Zane's mask, so I can't tell if she's smiling, but her eyes are a little more radiant than when we started.

"Same time next week?" Katelyn asks hopefully as she gives us puppy eyes.

"Sure, Katelyn," I chuckle.

"Alright, Katelyn Sama," Kawaii~Chan chirps before pulling us into a group hug and running inside.

I frown at her fleeing figure before locking eyes with Katelyn. "Something's wrong with her."

"I know, Aph," Katelyn grimaces. "I shrugged it off before, but now that I'm looking at her... it's different."

I raise an eyebrow at Katelyn. "What do you mean before?"

"I told you Kawaii~Chan hasn't come out of her room for two weeks," Katelyn sighs.

"Are you sure?" I ask hesitantly.

Katelyn frowns, "She's only come out of her room a few times, and every time was either to go to Lucinda's or Laurence's and Garroth's house."

"Alright let's talk to them about it tomorrow," I say definitely.

Thank you for almost 4.5 thousand reads. I feel like the chapter is a little lackluster especially toward the end, but I only have myself to blame. Just so you know the next chapter will be another entry in Zane's Diary.

Remember: Constructive criticism is very appreciated.

Notice: I still would love to hear your ideas for small fluff, angst, etc. chapters. I might use them and give you a shoutout at the end of the chapter