Shielding my eyes from the blinding light, I just shook my head. He thinks he's going out there? We should be going out during the day. When we can see more then two feet in front of us.

Running I quickly caught up with the others who were standing at the fence. They were all loading their guns and talking to themselves. Probably getting ready to make some dumb plan.

Even though I heard Daryl's motorcycle stop, I kept walking. I needed to talk some sense into these people.

"This isn't a good idea." I firmly stated, putting myself between the guys and the fence.

"Hadley look, I know you don't think going to look is a good idea. But there could be people out there, people who need our help." Calmly, Rick edged closer to me. His arms in the air trying to keep the situation under control.

"Or people who will kill you." I threw my hands in the air, emphasizing my words. "Not everyone out there is nice and welcoming anymore. You could get yourself killed." My voice was confident, trying to convince them.

But the way Rick was looking at me told me different. He wasn't changing his mind about it. So I gave up.

Shaking my head, I stepped away from the fence. Letting them do their suicide mission.

"I lived out there Rick, for a year on my own. People are ruthless, and only care about one thing and its not human life." My eyes looked between everyone standing their. But the only person I think I got to was Glenn. He seemed a bit apprehensive now. Probably thinking about Maggie. "Fine, if you're going so am I."

"No." This time I heard Daryl's voice. It was demanding and harsh.

"You can't tell me what to do." I glared up at him when he got closer.

"I am, and I will. Now get back in the prison Had." Grabbing onto my arm he pulled towards him.

"Aw, ain't he sweet. Trying to save this bitch." Merle laughed, making a joke at his brother.

"I'll be back. I don't want ye hurt Had. It's dark, walkers everywhere. I can't afford to be looking for ye all the time." He whispered. His hand still tightly placed around my arm.

"I can take care of myself." Ripping my arm free of his grasp, I ran a hand thru my hair.

"I know. I don't want to worry about ye. The safest place is here." He whispered again, keeping his voice down so the others wouldn't hear.

"You don't know what's out there Daryl. Somebody else could have seen the crash and went to it." My eyes pleaded with his, but again it didn't get me anywhere. It was like talking to a brick wall. Useless and a waste of time.

"C'mon Daryl we're going!" Looking over, I heard Shane yelling. They had already pushed the gate open and were getting the car ready. At least most of the walkers were gone, so they didn't have to worry about shooting a gun this close to the prison.

"I'll be back Had." His hand gently touched my face, letting his thumb trace my scar. Even though his eyes still had a hardened look, I knew that he was trying to be soft. "Promise."

"Don't make promises you can't keep." I looked at the ground. Letting my foot kick the loose stones underneath my feet. "Now get going." I shoved him towards his motorcycle.

"Had, ye ain't got to worry." Before sliding onto his motorcycle, he leaned over to me. His lips finding mine. Despite me being mad, I couldn't help but smile at the tenacity that Daryl had sometimes.

Pulling away, he gave me a small smile before starting his bike up.

"If you aren't back by tomorrow I'll come looking." I shouted at him over the engine of his bike. "And I'll close the gate behind you."

Giving a simple nod letting me know he knew what I said. Then he revved the engine and took off thru the gate, leaving me in a cloud of dust.

Coughing loudly, I hurried my way over to the fence closing it behind him and locking it.

"Like I told Daryl, if you aren't back by morning I'm coming to look for you." I shouted at the others.

Before Glenn slid into the back seat he gave me a thumbs up, and turned his baseball hat around. The way I showed him how to wear it at night. It was safer at least.

My fingers laced the cold metal fence as I watched their tail lights slowly disappear into the night. That's where I stayed for the next hour.

Either pacing the fence or gripping onto it with such force my knuckles turned white. I only white knuckled the fence when I heard a funny noise. Something that differed from the normal noises at night.

The fire was still burning brightly in the distance.

"How long they've been gone." Taking my eyes off the fiery landscape for the first time in hours, I saw Andrea walking down the path.

"Couple hours. I keep waiting to hear something. What I don't know? But I'd rather be down here and ready, then unprepared." I shrugged turning my attention back on the woods.

"Me too. Everyone else is asleep. I figured I'd keep you company." She sighed, before pressing herself up against the fence like I was.

After a few moments of silence she turned to me again.

"Do you think anything dangerous is out there?" She asked, her voice sounding concerned.

"Yeah, I just don't know what. But it's not the walkers anymore." I shook my head looking at her. "People are who we need to fear. I've run into a couple sick weirdos

In my time alone."

"How were they weirdos?" Her eyebrow raised, as she asked me.

"They just are." I bluntly sated, not wanting to get into much detail. She didn't need to know, and I for one didn't want to remember.

It was the same guy who cut my cheek all apart when I got to the CDC. He some how managed to get by my security and broke into the house. When he saw it was me he seemed all excited. All little too excited if you catch my drift. That's when he held the gun to my head as he took most of my gear. All I can remember is his face and how he told me to call him governor. Frankly that's all I wanted to remember.

Shaking my head violently, I got myself out of my thoughts just in time to hear a gun shot echo thru the cold night air.

Glancing over at Andrea, we both held a look of concern. That's when a barrage of shots strung out in the night. One after the other I listened as the guns went off. It was unrelenting and felt like it was never going to stop. The flash of the barrels visible in the distance, lightening up the area just enough to see the trees. Nothing else though, it was to far away.

My grip grew tighter on the fence feeling my heart shatter into a million pieces. Knowing Daryl was out there.....

"I told them it wasn't safe..." I mumbled, silently as my eyes began to burn as I held back the tears. Cause all I could do was grip the fence and watch, there was no way of getting to them.

---------------

Hope you guys enjoy this chapter!! An please tell me what you think! I love ye feed back! :)