monologue : main character

Just like some famous love story, there stood the side character who got left or forgotten by most of readers. Maybe in this story, he thought he was the side character but for me, he's my favourite side character. A main character if possible, only if he let me be the main one in his life as well.

"Alright everyone. Taehyung didn't come today, so stop bothering me with questions." He informed everyone who was circling him earlier, ready to throw questions about his younger brother.

"Oh, what happened with him?"

"Is he sick?"

"Poor Taetae.. Can we give him a visit?"

The list of annoying questions and statement continue as he walks to his seat, few seats in front of mine. The perfect way for me to admiring his broad shoulder.

"Jin, at least tell us that Taetae is oka-"

"He's fine! Now stop bothering me." He lost his patience and raise his voice a little surprising those girls around him. Fortunately, they still have brain to understood his words and back off.

Seokjin Kim, or Jin, known as the brother of Taehyung Kim, the popular guy in this college. Both were handsome, rich, smart and popular in different way. Taehyung is an extrovert which makes him become a social butterfly as well. He has friends almost in every circle and got girls swooned over him from every departments. While Seokjin is an introvert and was known for his ethereal looks beside being a brother of Taehyung. He keeps his small circle of friends and only talk to those who sincerely cares for him, not just because he's Taehyung's brother.

Unlike some cliche story where the brothers didn't get along with each other he loves Taehyung a lot and so does Taehyung. Seokjin has been getting used to Taehyung's popularity effect so it doesn't bother him most of the time, but maybe not today. His handsome face looks dull since the morning, makes me wondering if there's something happened last night.

Lunch break finally come and I couldn't help but landing my gaze on his back again. Just like usual, he waits for everyone to leave the class first before he stood up and heading to the door. I was contemplating if I should talk to him or not. After all, it's been my second year to crushing over him. My best friend, Jojo said I should confess sooner or later, should I? The thing is, he received love letters and confession almost every day.

What should I expect when he rejected all of them?

"When will you stop following me?" his voice suddenly woke me up from my daydream. Unconsciously, I've been following him for a while now. We're at the college's basketball court.

"U-Uh? I'm not following you." come on, think fast.

"Alright, then go." He said but I can't move my feet. My inside was burning to ask the question that stuck on the end of my tongue.

"U-Uh, before I go, can I ask you something?" Fidgeting with my fingers, I look up only to find him sighing.

"No, you can't go and visit Taehyung. No, you can't ask for his photos from me. No, you can't get anything from me to get Taehyung."

"What is has to do with your brother? I was asking about you, not your brother." I couldn't believe he thought I was like the other girls too.

"Don't fool me. I knew what everyone wants, talk nicely to me and pretend to like me, only to find a way to Taehyung, right? I know he's the main character for everyone and I'm just a side character but I don't care. I won't give any information about him. No, none of you deserved to be with my brother. End of discussion." He turned around and leaving the scene.

"I just want to know if you're okay!" I stopped him, I finally makes him stopped on his track. "I heard you loud and clear this morning, that your brother is fine and I didn't want to know for more. I just asked because you look different this morning and I wonder if something happened and if you're doing okay."

He turned around and looking at me right in the eye with the gaze that could makes me die. "Why do you care?"

"Because it hurts me too when I see you like this and knowing I can't do anything about it because you would think that I only act out to get your brother. Also, you might see yourself as a side character, a brother of popular guy Taehyung but guess what? You're the main character for me, it's only you and has been you since two years ago." Only God knows, how bad my heart shaking inside me for confessing like this. Hell, I don't even plan this.

"Liar." What? "If you care about me, then why would you date Taehyung behind my back? He keeps a secret from me for the very first time because of you!"

"Wait a minute. Wait- me? Dating Taehyung? How on earth when-"

"I overheard you facetiming with him last night! Don't lie to me! He said he doesn't know what to do without you and after that he told me that he will skip school today because it's his girlfriend's birthday. What's that seems to be for you? I'm not a fool, don't play me just because you know I like you idiot!"

"I thought you only shy but you're also an idiot. Taehyung was right when he said you're the youngest one at home." I giggle as he looking even more mad in front of me. His ears were red but his face scream confusion. "Taehyung is dating my best friend Jojo and we were facetiming last night because we want to discuss about the surprise party and he said that because I helped him pick the gift for Jojo. Taehyung keep it as secret from you because he was scared of your reaction, dummy." His ears getting redder as his gaze escaping mine.

"Now, would you let me be the main character in your book too?"

"You already are."

🤎🤎🤎

🤎🤎🤎

You. Every each of you is precious. You are the main character of your story and don't let the others tell you the opposite. I love you. Hope you enjoy this one.

Reminds me of Taehyung's messages for ARMY from 2018 Festa:
⠀❛You are the main character of the story that has started on a white blank page. I miss you.❜

Literally one of my favorite quotes from him♡