Chapter 15 : The Storm

[Gabriel's House]
Aquarin Neighborhood, Aquarin, Bellmare

24th April 2021, Saturday, 12:09am

it was quiet and dark in the hallway, there were no light seems to came out from her parents' room or ash's. she pulled her head back in, closing the door gently, careful not to make a sound.

she wore her small bag pack in her back, it filled with her wallet, glasses and some other essentials for her needs. anna was planning to bring a luggage but it would feel awkward to pull the luggage while walking outside the neighborhood especially during in the middle of the night.

so she just ended up taking a duffel bag that could fitted all the stuff she's planning to bring to alryne. taking a deep breath, she grabbed the doorknob.

she heard an almost inaudible clicking noises from outside the window of her room when she was about to leave, but she chose not to give a care about it and just casually walked out of her room.

same as earlier, there's no light from her parents' room and there's no sign that they would be waking up any sooner so she took a step outside her room.

she walked down the dark hallway and went to the staircase, heading downstairs. when she finally reach to the entrance of the house, she let out the breath she was holding.

anna thought of how crazy this decision is, she's basically asking for death wish. truthfully, she wasn't really sure about running away but they needs to know how suffocating it feels. to be held down, like a bird in a cage, unable to do anything unless the owner freed it out.

she did leave a note on her desk just in case her father would went nut by calling the police but she's sure that he won't want his reputation to be ruined either.

"are you going against dad's words?"

anna froze, startled by the sudden of her younger brother's voice appearance. did she just get caught? no, it wouldn't be. anna knows ash, he's obedient to their father but he wouldn't betray her by snitching this to him.

"what?", she turned around and looked at ash in the eyes. "are you going to stop me and tell dad?"

ash stood there with an unsure expression plastered on his face. she could feels that he wanted to says something but he's hesitating to.

"but.. it's dark outside.", muttered ash worryingly. it's rare to hear this tone of him, they would usually shouting and bickering at each other like there's no tomorrow.

"it's not like i can leave in the day time, especially on saturday, mom and dad would be at home the whole time.", says anna, still not budge by the concern ash felt for her.

ash seems troubled by that so he cleared his throat, gaining his composure back. "are your friends going to come get you?"

"do i look like i have some ways to communicate with them after getting my phone taken?", anna rolled her eyes. "i don't even remember their phone number.", she muttered quietly.

ash flinched, just remembered something important that could maybe help anna. his eyes widened, but before he could says something anna already beat him up to it.

"look, if you want to help me then stop dad from doing anything crazy when i'm gone.", she says before she looked away.

"wait-!". ash smacked his mouth with his hand when he realized he just accidentally raised his voice.

anna shook her head and pulled the door open. she ignored ash calling for her name and just walked out, immediately closed the door so she won't be hearing his voices any longer.

ash stared at the door closed before letting out a groan, "i swear, can she just listen to me for a moment?". he was about to chase after anna when he heard footstep from upstairs, halting him in his track.

"crap.", he muttered.
_________________________________________

Aquarin Neighborhood, Aquarin, Bellmare

12:24am

with the street light, the neighborhood didn't seems to be that dark but more empty with no car or person passing by and there's barely any noises except sound of the cricket make.

anna with her hood of her hoodies up, walked down the neighborhood with a beating heart in abnormal speed. there's no way she could stay calm in a situation where she's exposed to the danger, not when there's footsteps could be heard coming from behind.

she was planning to go to the bus stop and took a bus to anathasia's house, mostly because she doesn't want to be a burden to her friends. plus, she might needs to do some explaining to them why she's running from home.

but, the things is she's too anxious with the footsteps approaching her. the bus stop is still miles away from where she's right now and she couldn't ask anyone for help since she don't have any phone.

her pace gotten wider and faster as she wished to just get away from whoever behind her. but... how is it still behind me?!, anna thought, panic arise inside her.

is it following me?, she gulped. there's no way in coincidence that they're walking the same way. she even took the longer path to the bus stop which no dumb people would choose if they're heading there.

anna stopped in her track which confirm her suspicion when the sound of the footsteps stopped too.

come to think of it, there's indeed some rumour going around in the neighborhood about someone suspicious has been wandering around during night time. realization hits anna as she could felt her whole body getting a chill.

anna took a step forward before she began to sprint. if she's lucky, she would bump into someone and ask them for help but if she didn't...

times like this is when anna thought that she should've build up her stamina because ten seconds in, she was already tired of running.

it was then that anna has never been more scared before, felt her soul left her body when a hand grabbed her from behind. one covering her mouth that prevents her from shouting for help, one cuffing her two wrist, not letting her go.

her duffel bag dropped to the ground as anna's eyes widened in shock, her heart throbbing loudly by how appalled she is.

just like a bird who have just escaped its cage, it was caught by the hunter instead.

but what happen to bird if they get caught? they'll fight back of course, not matter how scared they are.
_________________________________________

1100 words