Chapter 10: The Breaking of The Fellowship... Kidnapped

*long chapter ahead*

It was midday when the Fellowship where they turned off the river and rested the boats on the bank to rest. It's been days since they last stopped and more because Legolas and Asteria could sense orcs not far from them; so, they kept pushing on. The hobbits were relieved to rest, they unpacked a few things from their bags as Merry looked to Asteria who found a spot by a tree to rest. She felt the power of the ring and the darkness that came from it, she was weak but her heart was strong.

With a small cup of hot tea, Merry walked to Asteria which drew he attention giving him a sweet smile "I figured you would like some tea Asteria

With a small cup of hot tea, Merry walked to Asteria which drew he attention giving him a sweet smile "I figured you would like some tea Asteria.. It may make you feel better since you are so tired." He said with a smile handing her the cup which she gratefully took. "Oh, my dear Merry, Elves do not get tired, I just... I am keeping a lot on my mind. Thank you for this" She said as she took a sip with Merry watching, wondering if she liked it. She looked backed at him and smiled again "It's wonderful. Thank you my friend" She said placing a hand on his cheek. Happy with the result he skipped back over to the fire.

Legolas who wasn't far from her watched what passed and smiled himself as he looked back to the river looking around then looks to Aragorn as he spoke "We cross the lake at nightfall, hide the boats and continue on foot

Legolas who wasn't far from her watched what passed and smiled himself as he looked back to the river looking around then looks to Aragorn as he spoke "We cross the lake at nightfall, hide the boats and continue on foot... we approach Mordor from the North." Gimli chokes on his pipe as he spoke up "Oh yes? Just a simple matter of finding our way through Emyn Muil, an impassable labyrinth of razor-sharp rocks. And after that, it gets even better... a festering, stinking marshland as far as the eye can see." Asteria looked at Gimli and then got up to stand by Legolas; looking through the trees sensing something there.

"That is our road. I suggest you take some rest and recover your strength, Master Dwarf" Aragorn said as he walked away to where Legolas and Asteria were. "Recover my..." Gimli was baffled. Legolas turns to Aragorn with urgency "We should leave now..." Aragorn shook his head "No. Orcs patrol the eastern shore. We must wait for the cover of darkness." Asteria speaks up "It is not the eastern shore that worries us" As Legolas casts a glance around into the Parth Galen forest "A shadow and a threat has been growing our minds. Something draws near, we can feel it" Aragorn looks at them both, knowing what they were speaking of.