Chapter 1

" no no no no nooooo!

Alberto angerly stomps into his room.

His best friend and fellow sea monster,Luca, couldn't come home this summer. Just like the two  summers before that.

Alberto sighs as he goes sit on his bed. Since his best friend and half sister,Guilia,aren't coming home from school,he has to get something else to do this summer.

" Alberto! " calls Massiomo,Alberto's adopted father,from downstairs.
" Coming!" Alberto yells back with a sigh and walks back downstairs.

" I know you're upset, but money isn't going to make itself . Take the boat and catch some fish" Massimo says

" Si" Alberto says and quickly walks out of the house

Then,just when Alberto was at the gate,his eyes almost peeled out of his eyes.

There it was: a red,brand new vespa! Alberto realized that it was the vespa Luca and him wanted when they were kids.

" Cio!" He hears a woman's voice,not coming far when the vespa

Y/N pov

" Cio,thanks!" I say to the man who gave me the map of Portorosso.

As I walk to my red vespa,I see a tanned boy,maybe the same age as me,look at the vespa

" Hi,how can I help you?" I ask the tanned boy. " Just looking at the ride. Can it take you anywhere? " The boy asked" Si" I answer with a twinkel in  my eyes" Anywhere in the stinking world!"

" I didn't caught your name" the tanned boy smiles at me. The way he smiles,as if I can dive into his beautiful green eyes and swim away

" I'm Y/N L/N . And you?" " Alberto Scorfano " Alberto says and does a werid handshake while saying " Piacere, Giorlomo Trombetta!"

I laugh as he says those funny words. " Can..can I maybe ride it...with you?" Alberto asks,kicking at the ground.

" Si,I was going to the beach ,if you want to tag along" I say as I get onto the Vespa.

" Si" Alberto says as he gets on the Vespa behind me.

" Watch out sky,take off your hat! Here we come! " I yell as I start the vespa and we fly through the streets towards the beach

Alberto's pov

I look at Y/N as we start to ride to the beach . Her H/L H/C is flying in the wind.

" So, Y/N ,what do you do as your hobby? " I ask her,still gripping tightly around her waist that I don't fall off.

" Well,Alberto,I travel the world. This is my 2nd year of traveling, but I'm far from done. I plan to go to Africa next year"

Travel? That's what me and Luca planned to do,before something as stupid as school came into the picture..

Y/N POV

Just then we arrived at the beach. I climb off the vespa and onto the sand . I look at the glissing water, the ocean going further as the eye can see.

" Last one in the water is a rotten sea egg!" Alberto yells as he starts running into the water.

" Hey,no fair! You got a head start!" I yell back as I run as fast as my legs could carry me to the water. Although I am I fast runner, Alberto beat me .

But ,as I dive in the water and   swim to the deeper end,I begin to look for the tanned boy with the green eyes.

I go up to the and begin to call " Alberto!  Where are you?"

I look down at the water and see a scaly thing approaching me. I try to swim away, but I couldn't get escape.

The scaly thin graps me by my leg and with a big thug,pulls me under. Then I came face to face with a sea monster.

I look the thing in the eye,wich his eyes where as green and emerald as it could get. I immediately recognized it as Alberto's eyes.

" Hi" he says as he smiles at me.

I quickly swam up to the surface for a desperate need of air.

Just after my head broke through the surface,so did Alberto's as he smiles a crooked smile.

" Please give me advance warning next time" I say as I playfully punched his shoulder while he laughs.

" Shoot,the fish!" Alberto  sunndely exclaims and begins to swim to land.

" Wait for me!" I yell behind him,causing him to swim slower so that I can catch up.

Once we were on the sand,Alberto shakes his to get dry,causing his scales to disappear, showing his tanned skin.

" Bye Y/N ,gotta run. I have to caught some fish,or I won't have skin tomorrow. Meet you here at nightfall"

" Si" I answered and watched Alberto get tiny as he runs away.

( Timeskip to later that night. It is a full moon  Alberto and Y/N are lying on a blanket on the sand)

" Wow,the moon is beautiful tonight ,isn't it Alberto? " I ask him,still keeping my eyes on the beautiful white circle in the sky.

" Ya,it is" Alberto says,also gazing at the moon.

Then he chuckles and ask me" Want to hear something funny?" " Sure" I reply with a smile

" Back in the day- when I wasn't well educated about the world- me and my other sea monster friend,Luca,would stare up at the sky as I told him the stars are fish and the moon is the giant fish,who protects them"

I realize that his voice trails off at the mention of this Luca boy.

" Alberto,what is Luca to you?" I ask,instantly regretting it as the words slipped out of my mouth.

" Well.." Alberto bites his lip before continuing " Luca was my first and only sea monster friend. But,he decided to go to school. Every summer I hope he comes back,but the past 2 years he didn't, and I don't think his coming back this year either "

I lean closer to Alberto,my head now resting on his chest" I'm sorry to her that,Alberto" and which is possible, I give him a warm hugg from my position.