II.

Chapter 2: Commotion

“So, how’s your archery class ladies?” our Dad started talking while chewing his food. Tumingin naman ito sa aming dalawa ng aking kapatid.

My sister and I change glances as we heard it. I am not that bad at it, but my sister? She’s not that athletic that’s why she’s bad. I am not insulting her, but she is the worst.

“Fia is doing great! She hit the bullseye every single time she releases the arrow. It is fascinating to watch, I hope you can go with us, dad!” my elder sister who was 2 years older than me said with amazement glimpsing in her eyes. Kulang na nga lang pumalakpak ito sa tuwa nang sabihin niya ‘yon e.

I smiled silently when I saw how my sister treated me. She’s always like this. Kahit na palagi siya at ang mga achievements niya ang topic ng mga magulang ko, hindi pa rin niya nalilimutan na ipagmalaki ako sa harapan nilang dalawa.

Only my sister can understand and cheer me up, and I am very grateful having her.

Mom’s right, she really is a perfect daughter.

“Good to hear, now you have one that you are good at,” dad commented. My Ate Fiona gives me a smile that can cheer me up to speak more, she even raise her hands in front of me. Medyo nahiya nga ako sa kaniyang inasal ngunit binawi ko rin naman ito.

I  cleared my throat before answering my dad.

“Thank you, dad, it is an honor hearing you complimented me,” I replied with all of my respect.

He is known as an eminent human, I could not say anything that can make the atmosphere heavier.

“I'm sorry we’re late, Jake!” The door swung open.

Nakita ko naman si Carl at ang mama at papa niya. They are wearing their formal attire just like us. They walked elegantly towards our table. They look like a noble family coming from outside the country. Well, they really is.

Three maids hurriedly went to the chairs and made the visitors sit. I saw Carl smiling from ear to ear. Tinaasan ko nga ng kilay ang g*go. Ginagawa nito? Tsk.

My sister nudges my shoulders, I don’t know what she was trying to say but I think she’s shipping me with this guy in front of me. I playfully rolled my eyes to her which made her chuckled.

Could they stop doing that?

“So what do we miss?” Mr. Henry started talking while putting clean clothing on his lap.

“We were just talking about the achievements of our two daughters!” My mom exclaimed making me nervous. Here we go again. I hate it, hindi ko gustong pinag-uusapan ang mga ganitong bagay sa harapan ni Dad. There are guests, and I hate being humiliated in front of others.