66.1.Digging Your Own Grave

Start from the beginning

“I… I… I only took Physician Song’s advice andwanted to take away the smell of the placenta. How would I know it had otheruses?” A hint of panic appeared in Li Chang Le’s lovely eyes.

“Dajie, last time, didn’t you insist that youwere knowledgeable and read medicinal texts? How could you not know tu can beused to harm others and not an herb to take away odors?” Li Min De’s cold voicerang out inside the hall.

Li Min Feng frowned: “Sandi, there are hundredsand thousands of herbs out there. Your Dajie cannot possibly know everything!To find out, we only need to invite Physician Song here!”

Physician Song was a physician that frequentlyexamined the sick in the Li family for thirty years. No one would dare tosuspect his words.

Li Xiao Ran immediately ordered someone to findPhysician Song but received news that Physician Song’s health was not well andhad retired.

Si Yiniang had a blank, cold smile from thebeginning to the end. Physician Song examined the sick in the Li family andtook payment for examination every time. This time, San Xiaojie had generouslygiven him two thousand taels of imperial gold. It would be enough to last thislifetime to the next. The old man would obviously claim to be ill and quietlywithdraw.

This time, San Xiaojie had dealt a heavy hand.

Li Min De’s dark eyes shone knowingly: “Da Bofu,any other dafu is as capable.”

At that moment, Lao Furen spoke: “Invite my dafuhere.”

Lao Furen often relied on Physician Shen, theChen family had looked after her meals and life from when she was a child. This Physician Shen was already the second generation. Physician Shen came in a hurry.Li Xiao Ran ordered tu to be given to him to examined. He frowned.

Li Xiao Ran said: “This can be used to take awayodors?”

Physician Shen naturally shook his head: “Tu isa poisonous grass. As for an ability to take away odors, it is unheard of.”

A cold sneer flashed across Li Wei Yang’s lips,but she feigned to be surprised and fearful, “How can that be? Why would Dajiehide poisonous grass in the placenta?”

Physician Shen frowned, his mouth slightly movedas if he had something he could not say.

“Does it need to be said? If it cannot be usedto remove odors, combined with fear that it would be discovered, then thepurpose was to hide it! After all, who would have thought tu would be hiddeninside the placenta?” Li Min De’s pale, handsome face, pitch black eyes andsmile all possessed a similar expression.

“Indeed, how can poisonous grass be used toheal?! Tu is even more dangerous than arsenic! Clearly, there is no possibilitythat it can save lives, since that is impossible, then…” Li Wei Yang blinkedand trailed off.

“Li Wei Yang, you must be insane! Whatnonsense!” Li Min Feng furiously stood up, his hands clenched into fists.

Li Wei Yang looked to him: “Dage, is there aneed to be so tense? Does Dage not know that tu is used in witchcraft,something Bixia has clearly forbidden!”

Li Xiao Ran stiffened and suddenly thought itthrough. Tu was used in witchcraft. If the curse was light, the family maybecome uneasy, injured or suffer injustices, or if worse, encounter evil, deathof a child. And in the worst case, possessions will be lost and their familybroken apart, making this a vicious curse. He raised his head and stareddisbelievingly at his Da nu er.

“Chang Le, why would you do this?!” He could notunderstand why Da nu er, who was always generous and knowledgeable, kept makingthese mistakes these days and now even used witchcraft. If this became known tothe public, it was a crime that would cost them their heads!