Floating Feathers and Trolls

Start from the beginning

Thank the gods for the battle training at camp; I wasn't even out of breath when I caught up to Hermione. She had locked herself in the Girl's bathroom and Pandora sighed. 

"Hermione?" I softly called. 

"Go away Pandora." Hermione said, choking back her sobs. 

"Girl, if you think I'm leaving you alone like this, you're crazy." I sat down right outside the stall she was in. I made several attempts to talk to her but she just seemed to shut down. Either way, i refused to leave so I just sat there until the sky turned dark outside. 

"Dora?" I heard Hermione ask. "Are you still there?" 

"Yep." Just then, my stomach started growling. I didn't realize until then how hungry I was. 

"You can go to the feast, Dora. I'll be down later." I frowned at the door. I felt bad leaving her here. 

"Are you sure? It's just one meal. I don't mind staying." I said. 

"I'm sure. Just save me something?" She asked meekly. 

"Sure thing. I'll sneak chocolate for us to chow on while we bash Ron after dinner. How's that sound?" 

"I'll hold you to that." She said, still sounding sad but less than before. 

I left and arrived at the feast a little bit after everyone else. I sat down next to Neville and started eating. 

"Pandora?" I looked up at Harry, who looked hesitant. "Where-where's Hermione?" He asked nervously. Ron stopped eating and frowned. I looked over at him. 

"She's been crying in the bathroom since Charms. You proud of yourself Ron?" I said angrily. 

"Is Hermione okay?" Lavender asked on Neville's other side. 

"I think she'll be fine. I was going to swipe some chocolate and help get her mind off of today after dinner. You guys in?" Lavender and Pavarti nodded and as soon as the dessert appeared, all three of us took sweets from the table and placed them in our pockets. 

However soon after we did that, Professor Quirrell ran into the Great Hall. 

"TROLL! IN THE DUNGEON! T-TROLL IN THE DUNGEON!!" He screamed. The entire hall went silent and Dumbledore stood up from his fancy bedazzled chair. "Thought you'd ought to know." Quirrell whimpered as he fainted onto the floor. Thunder rumbled through the hall and everyone started screaming. I just gripped my necklace but didn't take it off. My battle instincts were going haywire at the thought of danger. Wait! What about Hermione!? 

"SILENCE!!" I had never heard Dumbledore raise his voice before. The entire hall obeyed. "Everyone will, please, not panic. Now, prefects will lead their house back to the dormitories. The teachers will follow me to the dungeons." Dumbledore stayed calm and very collected, reminding me a lot of Chiron. I followed Ron and Harry out of the hall. 

"How could a troll get in?" Harry asked Ron. I was waiting for the best moment to slip away and get back to Hermione. Thankfully, she was on the third floor, well away from the dungeons. 

"Not on its own. Trolls are really stupid. Probably people playing jokes." I immediately broke away from the boys and was about to run when Harry grabbed my arm. 

"What are you doing?" Ron asked. 

"Hermione!" I said wrenching my arm out of Harry's grip and running off. I heard Harry though. 

"She doesn't know!" Harry said with realization. I then heard two pairs of running feet behind me. We got all the way to the hallway near the bathroom when we saw the huge shadow on the wall right outside of the bathroom. There was also a low grunting noise. We hid behind a pillar and watched. 

"I think the troll's left the dungeon." Ron said. I rolled my eyes. 

"Thank you Captain Obvious!" I hissed. "I never would have figured that out." 

Harry shushed us as we watched the troll walk across the hall. "It;s going into the girls' bathroom!" he whispered. I immediately bolted towards the door as soon as I heard Hermione scream. The stalls were now broken pieces of wood. 

"Hermione move!" Harry yelled. I ran under the troll and grabbed Hermione, hauling her to her feet. However, the troll swiped his club through the rest of the stalls, showering the two of us in even more broken wood planks and knocking us to the floor. 

"Oi, Pea-Brain!" I heard Ron yell as I peeked through the pile of wood to see them just throwing the wood planks at the troll's head. Seriously? Don't you people have wands? I got out of the wood and pulled off my necklace, revealing my sword. I lunged forward and stabbed the troll in the leg. However, it saw me and right after I pulled the sword out, I felt the club hit me and I flew straight into the tiled wall. I felt several parts of my body crack and I landed hard on the stone floor. 

"Pandora!" I heard the boys scream. It felt like a bunch of tiny knives were stabbing me right now. Just judging from where the pain was worst, I broke some ribs, my left arm was broken, my leg was broken and I have a concussion. 

I blanked out for a few minutes and I heard a huge thud as the floor vibrated. 

"Dora?" I heard Hermione whimper from my side. 

"I'm alive if that's what you're wondering." I wheezed. 

"Oh my goodness!" I heard Professor McGonagall's voice. "Miss Black? Can you hear me?" 

"Yes Professor." 

"Severus, please take Miss Black to the Hospital Wing." She ordered. I saw a stretcher appear in front of me and I felt two pairs of hands painfully lift me onto said stretcher. I couldn't help but swear in Greek under my breath. "Now, explain yourselves!" I heard McGonagall order the other three as Snape took me out of the bathroom, apparently levitating the stretcher. 

(I'm  so sorry this took so long to get out. I just could not get the troll scene the way I wanted it and this was the best I could think of. I'm horrible at writing scenes like this so I apologize. Hopefully, I can get better at it in the future. I will try to get at least two more chapters out this week but I am in the process of moving out of my apartment so that might get in the way. I hope you guys have a wonderful day and/or night. <3<3)