Chapter 27: Beauty Lin or Wooden Block Lin

“Enough!” Yang Shan, who had been quiet all along, glared at Tang Xiaoxiao coldly, before she snapped, “Xiaoxiao, can you please go out and buy some vegetables back? We need to treat Mr Zhao to lunch today and there’s nothing here that concerns you anymore.”

Hearing those words, Tang Xiaoxiao laughed instead of being angry. She tilted her head and glanced at Yang Shan “You don’t need me anymore? Sure. I’ve heard these words a lot in the past, but it’s my first time hearing them from you. How memorable… Then I’ll heed your request and go and buy some vegetables.”

With that said, Tang Xiaoxiao turned around arrogantly, without any hesitation!

‘Since you have a death wish, there’s no reason for me to care anymore!’

After closing the doors to the Yang family apartment, Tang Xiaoxiao stood in the corridor. The coldness in her eyes turned darker by the second. To be frank, Shengshi Entertainment’s name in the industry was not very good and it was even more so for a newbie. Their existence was akin to being thrown into a complete hell! The contract Zhao Le had given was full of loopholes and Yang Shan would definitely die from being stuck with such a deplorable contract when the time came! Besides… was a female celebrity that Director Cao Hao pushed to fame really worth only 1.1 million a year?

Stupid, stupid girl!

The mother and daughter had already been blinded by the shortsighted benefits placed before them. However, since it already had nothing to do with her, why should she say more? Shengshi Entertainment would definitely use that contract to treat Yang Shan very “well”…

At this thought, Tang Xiaoxiao’s mood could not help but improve greatly as she even started to hum softly.

With a loud squeak, the door opposite was pulled open and Grandma Lin walked out from the other apartment with a tote bag in her hand. When she saw Tang Xiaoxiao standing there, she had already recognized her. “Oh, young lady, why are you standing here?”

“Hello, Grandma Lin.”

When she saw the older lady, Tang Xiaoxiao’s mood lifted even more. She smiled brightly with a smile that reached her eyes as she grabbed Grandma Lin’s hand. “Grandma Lin, are you going out?”

“My grandson came over, so I’m going to buy some groceries to make something good for lunch.” Grandma Lin said with an equally bright smile, “Young lady, why are you standing here?”

Tang Xiaoxiao poked her tongue out as she spread her hands out innocently, her eyes dancing with mischief. “Well, I was chased out by them. They’re afraid of me blocking their way to wealth.”

Hmpf! Grandma Lin glared at the Yang family’s door with disdain as she pulled Tang Xiaoxiao over. “Come, let’s ignore them! Let’s go, come to Grandma Lin’s house. I’ll cook some nice dishes for you for lunch.”

“Really?” Tang Xiaoxiao acted as if she was a glutton as she pleased the elder on purpose. “It’ll be disrespectful for me to decline then. Grandma Lin, you can’t resent me for eating too much later, okay?”

Seeing the girl’s friendly manner, Grandma Lin laughed out loud at her antics and opened her door once more to lead Tang Xiaoxiao inside.

Grandma Lin’s house wasn’t too large. The layout of the living room was extremely simple. A simple vine chair, a coffee table, a standing cupboard made from pear blossom wood, and a calligraphy painting hanging on the wall made up the collection of furniture in the entire living room. The person in the house seemed to have heard the sound of the door opening, and a handsome and warm-looking face appeared. “Grandma, did you forget something?”