03

I'm glad to be back.

The naturally cold wind of Baguio welcomed them.

It was around noon when they arrived there. Tanaw mula sa kinakatayuan ni Hyuck ang Jollibee. It's the same branch where he and his mom would go to everytime when they stayed there.

Grabe na miss niya talaga to. Ang uma-umagang paglalakad nila dito noon, ang marahang pagsayaw ng mga puno, at syempre ang mga lokal.

People here are lovely paralleling their magnificent city.

He was five when his mom brought him here to stay with her. She works for a family of four and her child would often play with the family's offsprings.

They were good friends to them, until they weren't.

Charot, they left that house happily and resided in Pasig.

What's a good way to start your Baguio escapade is to visit their cathedral. The exterior and interior design of this cathedral is exquisite.

Pinag-isipan, Pinagpaguran.

It's December 16th and he's well aware na nagsimula na kaninang madaling araw ang simbang gabi.

"Mark, simba tayo." Hyuck said while lying on his comfortable bed. They just checked into a hotel across Burnham Park. He does have no idea how it cost Mark to reserve them this room as there's a lot of visitors.

For sure nakipagbardagulan pa to. And to think that kagabi lang sila nag decide for this trip.

So fast, love.

Sana tayo din, maka-usad na.

Ang lamig ng disyembre pero iba pa rin talaga kung dito sa Baguio. Mark is sitting at the corner of his bed looking intently at his tired lover.

"Simba tayo," sabi nito. Napabalikwas at bumangon kaagad si Hyuck nang marinig ang sambit ng kapareha. Sure, Mark isn't the holy type of person nor he is a religious one.

Matagal na niyang iniisip at pinag planuhan na imbitahin itong magsimba but he just can't.

What they are doing is wrong. Mali, Kasalanan.

Ayaw niyang maging ipokrito. Brave of him to think about bringing his boyfriend to the home of Almighty. Parang mali naman. Kaya't nang marinig niya iyon kay Mark ay nagulat ang pagkatao nito.

"Diba you said you want to complete the simbang gabi kasi may iwiwish ka? Naisip ko lang na since earlier this day di mo yun nagawa baka counted pa ba pag hapon ka na nagsimba, haha"

Maybe this place made him braver, really.

He cupped Mark's cheeks and pressed his lips to his forehead as high sign of approval. And he left him there, dumbfounded.

Tumakbo siya palayo sa lalaki at naligo na.

The walk going to cathedral doesn't last long. Hindi lang talaga sanay ang dalawa na maglakad ng napakalayo. Maburol din ang daan na mas lalong nagpahirap sa dalawa.

On their way there they stumbled upon the famous park. There, they can see the blissful faces of people. They are ecstatic to be here, this place is an escape.

Ang init sa Pinas, putraguess na yan.

Instead of taking the normal route to the front of the cathedral. Hyuck dragged Mark to the back. He knows this place so well and knowing Mark, susunod lang ito sa kanya.

No second thoughts, just free going.

Tanaw na niya ang hagdang napakataas. Para itong hagdang inakyat nila sa Hongkong. Memories came rushing quickly.

That's the first out of the country trip they had. Hindi narin iyon nasundan dahil nalula si Hyuck sa ginastos ni Mark for their three day trip.

"Wow babe, this is so high." Pagod na sabi ni Mark. It's like he had seen this film before and he didn't like the ending.

With their hands clasped they started climbing it.

Ang hagdanang iyon ay nasa gilid na parte ng simbahan. Iilan lamang ang kasabayan nilang maglakad, marahil dahil narin sa taas nito. Karamihan ay iyong mga naghahanap ng pagsubok, mga taong nageehirsisyo, o kaya naman ay mga taong trip lang na saktan at pagurin ang kanilang mga sarili. Gaya nila.

Tinitignan palang ito ni Mark kanina ay parang napapagod na siya agad.

There's an easier way for them to get there. A safer, not energy draining, and not complicated way but they did choose to go climb where it hurts. It hurts so good though.

No words are said between them as they are both panting. Trying to run after their breaths. They like it better this way. Silang dalwa lang at ang mundo.

Hiding and keeping this private isn't easy. They go through a lot in this almost two years of relationship, but everytime they feel like they are breaking.

They would always find themselves going back to each other's embrace.

In this busy city resided by the mountains, they are there climbing their way up.

Nang marating nila ang taas ay natanaw nila ang kabuuan ng lugar na iyon. Ang mga nagtatayugang bundok, mga tahanang nakatayo, at ang araw na tirik na tirik.

They decided to stroll around the area and took some photos for their socmeds. Hyuck can't help but smile while taking a photo of Mark.

He is standing under Mary's figure in front of the cathedral. He's wearing a gray hoodie with a black shirt underneath it. His watch screams money as well as his Balenciaga shoes. Although he's not that sensitive to cold he wears it to hide his identity.

They also took some couple shots together and it looks so good. His favorite is when he envelope his arms to Mark's. Ang nagtitindang tindera malapit sa kanila ang nagsabing kailangan nilang kumuha ng litrato na magkasama. Dahil daw masasayang ang punta ng dalawa kung hindi.

Wala silang nagawa kundi ang ngumiti sa camera habang nagbibilang ng isa, dalawa, tatlo ang matanda. She took a lot of photos. Some are candid shots which delighted the two.

Their photos are too intimate. It's very visible how they two love each one.

The photos I will never show the world are those of you and you with me. Those are the sides of us that the world will never know of. So intimate, so private.

Just for us.

Makulimlim ang kalingitan pero di ito pansin ng mga estudyanteng nagkukumpulan. The outside arena is filled with students from different grades and strands. Samo't saring mga hindi maintindihang amoy ang sasalubong sa iyo roon. Ang di magkamayaw na sigaw ng mga estudyanteng pilit na ipinapamukha sa kanilang kalaban sa sila ang magwawagi, ihip ng panghapong hangin, at ang di matigil na pagtambol ng mga puso.

"Hoy, totoo ba na umamin daw si Pres?"

Napatagil siya sa tabi. "Bakit?"