Chapter Seventeen

I had given myself one day off and that was it, it didnt feel right lying in bed while everyone else was working their asses off to catch Kira, even though he was in the same room with us....but Light seemed to act like his old self which was very weird. Light's stupid girlfriend Misa has been visiting and her cheeryness and voice has been annoying me. Light, L, Misa and I all sat on couches in Light and L's room talking over tea and cakes. " Tell me why you handcuffed yourself to Light?" Misa asked annoyed " So I can make sure hes not Kira" " Havent you done that already? I mean you've been handcuffed together for a week already and people are still dying" " That's true, however to my understanding there are two Kiras out there. Light, if he is Kira, could have informed the second Kira about our situation and have him take control while hes stuck with me". " So not fair!".

Please just pretend we're not even here okay, by the way are you going to eat that piece of cake?" L asked, " Cake makes you fat I'm not going to eat any". " Actually, I've found that you dont gain any weight as long as you burn calories by using your brain" " So now your calling me stupid?!" I chuckled before taking a sip of my tea. Misa scoffed " Cant you just uncuff yourself for one night! I want some alone time with Light" " Even if I leave you two alone, I'll still be watching on surveillance cameras so it wouldnt make a difference" " You pervert! Can you stop it with your creepy hobby!?" " You can call me whatever you like, last chance for cake!".

I laughed at L before sitting beside him, " Dont be so mean Ryuzaki" I rubbed my head against his " I dont mean to be" he smirked back at me. Light glared at us before sighing " Meg you still don't look so good" " I dont feel so good either" " Dont get me sick! I have a job coming up soon!" Misa yelled. " Maybe you should go to the doctor" L looked at me, slightly pleading and I sighed " Fine, I'll go tomorrow. You happy now?" " Yes, now do me a favour and go to bed" I sighed as he kissed my cheek " Fine" " Thank you my love" he kissed me gently on the lips before I went to our room alone, it was so lonely without him to cuddle at night, whatever plan he has I hope it ends soon.

The next morning I greeted everyone before going to the doctors, I explained to my doctor what was wrong and he had me do some tests. " Well all your tests have come back negative, except for one" " What came back positive?" I asked nervous. He smiled at me before handing me a pregnancy test, my eyes widened as I held the plastic stick in my hand...." I'm pregnant...." " You don't seem very happy about the news" " I'm....shocked" I smiled as a few tears ran down my cheeks. " Come back tomorrow, I'll do a scan to see how far along you are and we can take it from there, okay?" " Yes, thank you doctor" I put the pregnancy test in my bag before making my way back home.

I didnt even realize I was smiling like an idiot until Mr. Yagami stopped me " You seem very happy, what did the doctor say?" I took his hand and pulled him into an empty room, " I'm pregnant". Mr. Yagami's eyes widened in shock " Really? Right now?" " Yes, I have a scan tomorrow" " Are you going to tell L?" " No, not yet. I'll tell him tomorrow after the scan, please don't tell anyone, I want it to be a surprise". " I think it will be, but do you really think having a baby right now is the right thing? What about the Kira case?" " L and I have already discussed that if I got pregnant during this case, that I'd step down and go back to college" " What? But we need your insight, you notice small details that even I dont catch" " Its okay Mr. Yagami it's still early days" " Just please be careful Megami, you're like a daughter to me".

We walked into the office together just as Matsuda stood up " What's going on?" Mr. Yagami asked " They're fighting" " Again?" He sighed " No sir, I mean they're fighting". I ran out of the room, down the hall and into their bedroom just as Light punched L across the face. I ran over and pulled them apart, " What the hell are you two doing?!" I yelled at them, they both kept their heads down, not saying a word. " Fighting like this is not acceptable,  you're both adults working on a highly dangerous case so get your acts together!". They sighed before apologising to each other, " What did the doctor say?" L asked " He took a few tests, I have to go back tomorrow for my results" I lied, he nodded before going back to eating his cake.

I sighed before leaving, I sat with Mr. Yagami and the others as they watched the cameras, keeping an eye on Light and L. Mr. Yagami sat beside me, placing a cup of tea in front of me, " Try and keep your stress levels down, tea and a bit of chocolate always helped my wife" he whispered to me. I smiled before hugging him " Thank you" I ended up crying, causing everyone's attention to fall to me " Hey Meg are you okay?" " Can everyone please go to the Light and L's room and see if they need anything" " Sure chief". Once they had left Mr. Yagami pulled me in for a tight hug, " Hey, it's okay let it out. I know you probably feel very scared right now but I'm here to help okay" " Thank you".

He rubbed my back before giving me a small head kiss, " You're alright, it's just the hormones. Trust me, nobody is going to want to upset you in the next few weeks" he smiled at me. I laughed before taking a sip of my tea, " There we go, theres the smile I wanted. Now you go run yourself a bath and take it easy, I dont want you working until you tell me what the doctor says tomorrow, you got it?" " Yes sir" " Good, now go. Call me if you need anything " " Thank you " I smiled before I disappeared to my room.

I did as I was told and ran a nice hot bubble bath, I had lit a few candles and turned off the lights. It felt so nice and peaceful, I heard the door open and I turned to see Light, I quickly covered myself and sat up " Light what the hell are you doing in here? Why arent you cuffed to L?" " We un-cuffed ourselves for a while, after our fight we thought it would be better to get an hour away from each other" " Where's-" " Hes in the shower. Listen I'm sorry for everything I put you through. Do you think we can move on and start over?". I sighed and nodded " Sure, we can start over", Light smiled before grabbing my face and kissing me. My eyes widened as I pushed him away, " What the hell are you doing?!" " You said we could start over" " As friends, I'm with L! Nothing is going to change that!" " We'll see about that".