Chapter Four

LIGHTS POV

I grinned as her face flushed red " W-what?" " Will you be mine?" " Stop joking around Light" " What makes you think I'm joking?" " You haven't seen me in ten years, you know nothing about me" " I know everything about you". I grinned as I stared into her blue eyes " I know you chew the inside of your cheek when your nervous, that you bite your lip when you concentrate. Your favourite colour is red because it reminds you of your dad. You want to be a detective but don't think you'd make it in the police and you love to sing but do it in secret because you think nobody will like the sound of your voice". She looked up at me speechless as I continued " I know you love hugs from behind because it makes you feel protected, and I know your scared of thunderstorms because it reminds you of the night your dad died".

I rubbed the tear that fell from her eye as she stared at me in shock " So I ask you again Megami, will you be my girlfriend?".

MEGAMI POV

How the hell does he remember all of that? We're close friends but I didnt think he'd remember anything about me. " I ask you again Megami,  will you be my girlfriend?" I didnt realise what I was doing till it had happened. I grabbed Light's face and pressed my lips against his, I felt him grin before grabbing the back of my head and kissing me back passionately. After a few seconds I pulled away and blushed " I'll take that as a yes" " Light, Megami we're waiting for you" Sayu barged in and laughed " Didnt mean to interrupt, mom wants you both at the table before dad gets home".

Once Sayu left Light grabbed my hand " Come on, if we don't go down now my mom will be the next one to come get us, and that wouldn't end well". I followed Light downstairs and into the dinning room, " Light look at how you've grown " my mother smiled at Light " You've become such a handsome man" " Thank you Ms. Hiroshima". Mom looked at our hands in surprise " Your holding hands" she said bluntly " Yes" Light smiled as he placed his hand on my waist " Megami and I are dating".

Mrs. Yagami and my mom looked at me surprised " When did this happen?" " A few minutes ago" Light chuckled. Both our moms broke out into a huge smile " I told you this would happen" they told each other before looking at us " We're so happy you finally became a couple" " You look so good together". We sat around the table and chatted while we waited for Mr. Yagami to come home " I hope your not too hungry, sometimes the meetings run a little late" Lights mom tried to explain. " Dont be silly, we're happy to wait" I smiled. The door opened and Mr. Yagami came in and smiled " I'm sorry for being late, traffic was crazy today". We all greeted him as he sat down and smiled at me " Its great to see you again Megami, and Ms. Hiroshima you look as lovely as ever", mom laughed " Its great to see you havent lost your sense of humor".

We started eating dinner and making small talk, everyone listened as Sayu talked about how Light was helping her with her homework. " Speaking of Light, isn't there something you and Megami would like to say" Mrs. Yagami smiled. Light smirked before looking at his dad, " Dad, Megami and I are dating" " That's wonderful news son, but dont let your relationship get in the way of your studies. I still want you working hard so you can become a detective one day" " Of course dad". " So Megami-" " Please call me Meg" " Meg, what are you hoping to do once you graduate school?" Mr. Yagami asked and I smiled " Actually I'm hoping to get into To-Oh University and become a detective sir". Mr and Mrs. Yagami looked at me surprised " Really?" " Of yes, Meg has wanted to become a detective for years now, she was the top of her classes in her old school and I believe now shes right under Light". " You are?" Light looked at me shocked " Yeah" I smiled embarrassed " Why didn't you tell me?" " I didnt think it was important, they're  just grades" I rubbed the back of my neck.

Light smiled as he patted my head " I didnt know my girlfriend was a genius. I'm so proud " my eyes went wide as I looked up at him in shock. He was proud of me? " Uh, thank you". Once dinner was finished Sayu had gone to her room and our parents sat around the table and talked over some tea, while Light and I sat up in his room. " So how come you never told me how smart you are?" I laughed as I sat on his bed, " Its not like it matters " " Of course it does, I'd love to hear about your academic achievements" " Light, their the exact same as yours, not much to say " I smirked. He chuckled " So how come your dads late home so much?" " He's working on the kira case, but dont tell anyone. He hasn't told anyone but I figured it out" " Really?!".

Light gave me a look and I rubbed the back of my head " Sorry, its just Kira is like a hero to me" " He is?" Light looked at me completely shocked and confused " Well yeah, he's getting rid of all the criminals in the world and I think its amazing! Kira is doing a better job than the actual police.....oh God I shouldn't have said that I'm sorry. You probably think I'm an idiot" " Not at all, everyone is intitled to their own opinion but as someone whos looking to be a detective one day, I wouldn't shout out that you look up to Kira, it could stop you from working in the force, its best to keep that information to yourself" " Oh yeah sorry". It went quiet between us before I stood up " I should go" " But you're mother isnt leaving for another hour or so" " Yeah I know, I just wanted to take a bath and read a little before bed, don't want to stay too late" I smiled awkwardly " So I'll see you around".