chapter 21

Maia

"So, how's the apartment so far? Anything happened lately?" I asked Sloane through the phone, I was currently outside shopping with Gigi for tomorrow's rehearsal dinner. She's been begging me to come with her even though she's got like a shit ton of clothes in her closet. I was scanning through the racks while waiting for Gigi to try her options in the fitting room. Drew didn't come with us and decided to sit this one out since he said he would take care of something about work at home, which was fine by me because I didn't want Gigi grilling him stupid questions.

"No, not really..." She trailed off.

"Hows Miso? Are you feeding her? She's not dead, is she?" I interrogated, raising a brow.

"She might have gotten away." Her voice high pitched, as my eyes went wide from the news.

"What?!" I shouted as I started to pace back and forth, already getting looks from other people in the store.

"Sloane, I swear to Go—" ready to go off her for being so irresponsible.

"Relax! She's here safe and sound. I was just fucking with you." She cackled as I heard shuffling in the background. "Hey Miso, say hi to Mama." She cooed to my cat as I heard her let out a small "meow." I stopped pacing and placed a hand on my forehead as I let out a sigh.

"You're such an awful friend, you know that, right?" I said, rolling my eyes as I walked to another rack of clothes. I need to take down a mental note to smack this girl's head when I get back.

"Maybe. But you love me." She teased. I do. She has her annoying junctures, but I love her; she's practically my sister.

"So, how's the family reunion?" She joked.

"Don't even get me started." I groaned. I told her what went down the during our first visit though the following days were pretty alright. Dad and Drew, we're getting along talking about old music and whatnot. He even dragged him into the garage one time showing him his baseball cap collection once he saw Drew wearing a New York Yankees hat. I'm not even sure he watches baseball. Mom, on the other hand, was just happy that Drew was here and well Gigi? She's always ecstatic listening to Drew about his work and how it goes.

"You're overreacting. That's not even bad at all." She chuckled.

"Well, It is! To me so," I huffed, rolling my eyes. I walked towards the fitting room. Just how many dresses is this girl even trying on?

"Gigi, are you done?" I called out. She mumbled a small yeah and walked out of the fitting room wearing the dress she picked out earlier; she couldn't decide between the light blue or pink floral lace dress. However, the blue looked gorgeous on her. She twirled around, raising a brow at me, waiting for me to say something.

"Pink or Blue?" She asked.

"Go with the blue one," I replied as I watch her smile and nod in agreement, walking back to the fitting room.

"Sorry about that. I'm outside with Gigi right now." I apologized to Sloane who was waiting on the other side of the line as I waited outside the fitting rooms.

"So, Have you thought of an excuse for when you guys break up?" She asked. Now that she mentioned it, I haven't really thought about that yet; with them getting along, they'd probably be crushed by the news. They adore Drew.