chapter 5

Maia

Joe didn't come to the bar today; he's probably busy with his customers since it's almost summer, and people are probably opening their pools again and getting them cleaned. Come to think of it. I should ask Sloane to go to the beach soon; we haven't had any girl's day lately.

It was a busy day today; I've been serving customers by the bar left and right. It was jam-packed because it was Happy Hour, it usually starts around three to six pm, and I was beginning to feel a little burned out. Maybe it was because of the lack of sleep I've been getting with me, always reading a book up until midnight.

As I set down the drinks I have made on the tray, I saw Molly walking towards me, looking all stressed and tired with a tray full of food in her hands, ready to take the others. I feel terrible looking at her in that state. I offered her a small smile and asked how she was doing.

"Hanging in there, M." She sighed as she takes the tray full of drinks in her other hand. Jeez, how does she even manage to balance those?

"Hey, could you do me a favor and take table eight's order from the back?" She said, giving me an apologetic look.

"I was about to take it, but it's almost my break time, and my hands are full at the moment." She added. As if I didn't know girl.

"Sure thing." I smiled. It's not like I had more drinks to make. Happy Hour was almost done, and some people were almost finishing up.

I took my notepad and pen and went straight to the customer's booth. As I neared, I overheard the guy and the girl in front of him talking.

"I can't believe we ended up eating at Hooters." The blonde boy groaned, shaking his head in dissatisfaction.

"I wanted some wings!" The curly-haired girl protested, looking at him offended.

"Sure, wings." He scoffed.

"We both know you wanted to check out the waitre-" He added but stopped mid-sentence when he saw me almost near them.

"Hi guys, what can I get for the both of you today?" I asked, smiling at them as I hold my notepad in front of me.

He cleared his throat, looking at me with his beautiful pair of blue eyes and long messy blonde hair. He looked a bit tense. I didn't want him thinking I heard half of their conversation talking about my co-workers here because I didn't care at all. I looked at the girl in front of her looking at me from head to toe. Suddenly I was becoming self-conscious with the way she was looking at me. Jesus, was there something on my face? On my ass? Boobs? At least give your homegirl a heads up!

I cleared my throat again, trying to snap them back from their staring problem.

"Right! Our order! So stupid, my bad, I just got really distra-"  The girl rambled, laughing nervously.

"Bailey." The blonde guy said, cutting her off. He looked like he was about to laugh but kept it to him.

She glared at him and looked at me, giving me a toothy grin. Huh, cute.

"I'll have the Chicken Garden Salad and Iced Tea, please." She said as she closed her menu.

"Rudy?"