1. Chapter

„And this is Y/n Y/l/n. Please welcome her in our team." I hear Fury's voice coming from the room he has just walked in. I am still standing outside, not moving a bit. I don't want to go in there. What if they don't like me?

„Y/l/n, you can come in now."

I press my eyes shut and take a deep breath. „It's okay, Y/n. You can do it." I mutter to myself. I take another breath and with my fingernails pressed into my palms, I step into the room, keeping my gaze on my shoes.

I can feel eyes fixed on me. So many eyes.
„Y/n, don't you want to say something about yourself?" Fury asks me. He doesn't seem to notice my distress.
I look up and see all these faces smiling at me.
„Uhm..." I stutter.  „I'm Y/n, well you already know that. And... I don't know...I like cats."

Why did you say something like that? You're so stupid. Everyone probably thinks you're weird.

I hear the others chuckle.
A woman, who doesn't look much older than me, comes closer. „I'm Wanda and I love cats too." She pulls me into an embrace and I unclench my fists immediately. I can't remember the last time someone hugged me. It feels so nice.

We pull away from each other and the others are closer now too. Of course I know all of them already - they are literally the Avengers - but everyone introduces themselves anyway.
Bruce is the green guy, but I think he is the teddy bear of the group
Thor is the god of hammers.
Loki, Thor's sibling, is genderfluid and prefers they/them pronouns.
Tony Stark - genius, billionaire, playboy, philantrophist - is nicer than expected.
Bucky doesn't say much, but he smiles at me and shows me his metal arm.
Clint, the Katniss Everdeen 2.0, tells me that he has three kids.
Sam has a smile on his face, that reminds me of Fred and George Weasley from Harry Potter.
Steve kisses my hand, and I become a little bit uncomfortable. I don't like it when men are too close to me or when they're trying to flirt with me. However, he must have noticed my discomfort and tells me that he's gay immediately.
And then there's Natasha Romanoff. An absolutely stunning redhead. She looks me up and down, then smirks. Nice to meet you."

I am flabbergasted and feel my cheeks getting hot.
This woman is gorgeous.

„So, Y/n, are you going to be OK? I need to go." Fury says to me.
I nod and he leaves the room.

„Let's eat. I've made a few sandwiches." Wanda says excitedly and grabs my hand.
We go to the living room and sit on the couches. Bucky comes in a second later with the sandwiches. He wants to give me one.
„Thanks, but I've already eaten before I came here." I lie.
Bucky shares the sandwiches with the others and then sits down as well.

While the others are eating, I'm playing with my fingers nervously. I hate the awkward silence when meeting new people.
„What music do you like?" Loki asks me suddenly.
„I like Taylor Swift, Hozier, girl in red, One Direction and many other artists. I actually listen to almost everything."
„Oh my god, I love Taylor Swift!" Loki exclaims.

„We all know that Loki loves Taylor Swift. He- Sorrry, I mean they always try to put Taylor's music on the speakers while we're training." Steve says.
„You have my full support if you ever want to try that again. " I say to Loki.
Loki gives me a high five. „I already like you."
I smile a little. Is Loki for real or are they joking? It would be nice if they liked me. I hope they do.

Suddenly Tony says, „I'm gonna throw a welcome-Y/N-party tonight. It starts at eight. Does that work for everybody?"
Everyone nods. Wanda, Natasha and Loki turn to me. „We're gonna show you your room and then we can get ready together. Okay?"
I nod and they pull me into the elevator.
„We three are on the same floor as you." Loki says.
I smile. That's good. They are nice.

The elevator stops and the doors open. We walk to the door right next to the elevator. Wanda opens it. „This is your room."
I step inside. There is a queen sized bed, a big window, a closet and another door. „That's your bathroom." Loki says.
„I never had such a big bedroom." I let myself fall on the bed.

„Do you have any clothes?" Wanda asks me.
„Oh, they are still downstairs in my suitcase."
„I'll go and get it." Natasha offers and before I can say anything, she's out of the room.

„She doesn't say much to new people. Don't worry, she'll come around." Wanda says and gives me a reassuring smile.

Or maybe Natasha just doesn't like me.