Harry:
9:47 pm
Hey! Congratulations on your song!
I loved it!
Would you like to go out and celebrate the success?
The champagne's on me :)

I smile at his supportive message, but my expression gets wiped off once I'm unsure of what to reply.

What the fuck am I supposed to do?

I don't answer his message yet, seeing as I've got other stuff to worry about, so I stuff the phone back in my pocket, making a mental note to reply later.

I talked to Finneas, and he said we should make a studio version of Lovely instantly. So I'm currently waiting for him to arrive at my home soon and we can start producing the song in my apartment.

We're going to have to work at night since I still have to be at the cafe for a few days. We couldn't postpone the production because it's smarter we release the studio version while the song is still 'fresh', so we should be finished by April 15th when I leave to perform 'Sign of the Times' and 'Ever Since New York' on SNL for Harry.

I'm still trying to figure out whether it's for or with him.

When my doorbell rings, I open the door to see Finneas carrying a huge bag in his hands containing computers, microphones, and other studio stuff I have no idea the use for.

I help him carry some instruments inside from his bus, and I'm taken aback by how many things he brought with him — a bunch of keyboards, guitars, violins, even a flute, and other percussion instruments I didn't catch the name of.

"Wow, we're really going all out, yeah?" I ask, carefully carrying the flutes inside, making sure they're handled delicately.

"Yeah, it's going to take a long time to get everything done," he states, as a crease becomes more prominent between his eyebrows, now that worry starts filling him.

We decided to make a collab version, where Finneas is also included, so we spend at least an hour going over the lyrics once again, and deciding which parts each of us should sing, but my mind keeps worrying about what to answer Harry.

I decide to get it over with and snap a picture of our studio set-up in my kitchen, sending it to him.

Me:
to Harry
1:32 am
*one picture attachment*
Thank you!
The journal came in handy, after all.
Sorry, I can't this time!
Gonna be spending the next few nights producing the song :/

Sure, I could squeeze some time in to hang out with him, but I don't wanna risk it. Plus, I probably should be focusing on my career more than ruining his.

We spent the next few hours recording our voices and making harmonies, then deciding to record the arrangements for each instrument tomorrow, seeing as me and Finneas both fell asleep at least twice in the middle of going over the melodies.

Out of curiosity, I check the cover version I posted yesterday, to see 10.36M views flashing on the screen, as the other songs I posted months ago are slowly gaining views too.

Fucking crazy.

~~~

I spent the next few days trying to balance out working at the cafe in the mornings, going to the rehearsals in the evenings, and producing 'Lovely' at nights, only sleeping a few hours a day.