LIGHTS, CAMERA AND REVEAL

Start from the beginning

And that is what she did. 

She left everything behind and ran. She wanted to take Eva with her but she didn't know what she was about to do. She can't ruin the life of a 10 year old girl for her other unborn child. Eva would be fine with Zach, she thought and with the reassurance that her daughter would be fine with him she left town with her unborn child.

But it was not that easy. She didn't know what to do. She didn't know where to go. But she never gave up. She made way for herself.

September  2009, somewhere in south America

The labor pain had subsided. But the sore body reminded Liliana of the pain she just went through. But it was all worth the happiness she possessed in her hands at right now. The just born child was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen. His tiny hands were curled around her one finger as he held onto her tightly. 

"He knows his mother." Liliana cooed softly. 

"I have worked so hard for this, baby. I left everything behind and started a new life in this small town, away from our family. The three part time jobs I do, the loneliness I had felt, the life that I left two months back - you are worth it. I know your father doesn't understand this. But I do. I do and I will always protect you. No matter what happens I won't let anything or anyone ruin your future." She talked to her baby. 

"Have you named the baby yet, Lily?" The nurse asked entering the room. She knew her as Lily often came there for the daily check ups.

"Oh not yet. But let me see." I said and started thinking.

"Yeah. I have been looking at thousand names every day. I got the one best for him. His name would be Aaron. Aaron Johns." Liliana said smiling at the small child who just entered this new world, not knowing what life had in store for him. 

"Cute name!" The nurse squealed and they celebrated the birth of the boy. 

"I love you so much, Aaron." Liliana said as she hugged the baby.

2011, Beaufort, North Carolina, US

The thing about small towns is that you can blend in the surroundings and people and live a normal,  boring and peaceful life. But these alone were not the only reasons for which Liliana had chosen to take shelter in a small town, it was so that she could hide. She wanted to hide from her past and start a new life. 

Everything was going well at first but after two years, she was  surely having negative thoughts which reflected in her life. The struggles and problems were a constant in her life the past two years. But she was holding onto the fact that it was for her dear child Aaron. But now she was not sure if she had taken the right decision by running away. 

It was not like Aaron was a burden or something but as a mother she wanted the best for him but clearly she wasn't doing the best things in his life. The daily wages she earned was just enough to feed Aaron and herself. All the money she earned got used up in the expenses like school fees, grocery, house rent, bills and all the list of necessary things required for survival. 

She didn't want to feel helplessness when she couldn't buy her child all the expensive things his friends had.

She didn't want to ruin his childhood by burdening him with the struggles she faced while raising him.

She didn't want to make fake excuses whenever he asked for something which she couldn't afford.

She didn't want this for her child. She didn't want to to look in the innocent eyes of a child and lie about his father and sister.