Chapter 1 : First Day At School.

Buzz!

Buzz!

Buzz!

I groaned as I reached for my phone on the night stand to silence the alarm that went off disturbing my peaceful sleep.

It was 6 AM.

I stayed still, lying on my back breathing slowly.

I stretched out and pushed the blanket off of my body and headed to the bathroom to take a shower and freshen up.

It took me a good thirty minutes showering and as I stepped out I wrapped a towel around my small figure and tucked it well so it wouldn't fall and I headed towards my suitcase opening it and taking out my toiletry bag and went back to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

I got back to the room and took out a pair of washed dark bleu skinny jeans, a white tank top and a red varsity jacket.

I towel-dried my hair and let it fall in its beach waves. I decided to apply the slight amount of makeup that I'm used to, which was a little bit of eyeliner, mascara and some pinkish reddish lipgloss. Wearing my red converse I take my Emoji backpack (Yes! I indeed have an Emoji backpack! It's awesome isn't it? Having it sharing my every emotion and all), shove my phone in my back pocket and head to the kitchen.

Just in time when I hear the front door slam shut I look over to the kitchen island to only find a covered plate and a small yellow note above it.

I take it in my hands and read the familiar handwriting of none other that Mrs Laura Martinez; my mom.

Morning cupcake!

They called me from the hospital for an emergency meeting that's why I had to go earlier than usual today.

I thought you would like some chocolateship pancakes ;) whith some fresh orange juice....

Have a nice day at school and I'll see later sweetheart :*

I smiled at the note as I put it down and take off the cover from above plate to be faced with the pancakes I was promised and not only that, leave it to Laura Martinez to add a cupcake with a smiley face to it all.

I happily ate my breakfast and as I finished I checked the time on my phone.

7:15 am it reads.

Awesome! If I head out now I'll still have enough time before the first period starts.

Putting one earbud in and swinging one arm of my backpack over my shoulder I walked out the door shutting it behind me.

" Wait, don't go just yet please!" I shouted to whoever was that guy in the elevator to wait for me and rushed over to get in.

"Thanks" I breathed out with a polite smile and quickly turned around letting him stand behind me. Well you might think that's awkward but emm...naah it's pretty normal considering me being Rose Martinez couldn't be the type of girl who would socialise and interact with others.

I grabbed my other earbud and played my favourite music to the tops and shut off the rest of the world as I hummed along and moved my head to the beat of Imagine Dragons' Demons as if I was lively in their concert.

The walk to the school went by and I didn't feel the time as I spent it zoning off to the world of music. Yes, I was indeed that addicted! It was the air that I breath, I inherited it from my dad I guess. He loved music like it was his soul and he played guitar with a passion. Whenever I would listen to music I feel alive, it was like the bond that connected me to my father who is now long gone.
When I reached the school entry I stopped in my tracks, watching the sing before me as students kept flooding in from here and there.