19

Tanner's pov ***

I don't like it one bit when the guard tells nerd to get out of the kitchen. I like it even less when she says to not eat anything. Then she spoils it even more when she goes to the restroom and I don't hear anything after she shuts the door. I give her a couple minutes before I try to call her on the earpiece. Nothing!

Nobody has an eye on her. Granger takes my place in guarding Sanders. I go to the hallway with the restroom. As I approach the last door before the restroom, I see Bethany come from the room and I am instantly pissed! "Where the hell have you been? I've been calling you!" I grab her upper arm.

"We have to get the fuck outta here! I've been in an altercation. Where your hand is, there is a cut. There is two dead men in the bathroom. Now let's go! I'll explain everything when we are away."

My hand goes from her arm to her waist. "You hear that men? We are out! I have Bethany. Ticket, bring the car! Move it!" I lead my Bethany out of the front door. We get into the car as everyone else gets in. We are all here. "Drive!"

Beth lays her head on the back of the seat. I notice that there is fresh blood on her sleeve. "Fuck! OK Bethany, I am about to take off your jacket. Ready?"

"Yes, sir! Go for it." She leans up and helps me take the jacket off as easily as possible.

I see that her shirt is sliced about four inches and covered in blood. "Can someone take these glasses? Everything should be recorded."

Granger took the glasses that Beth had been wearing. I knew that there was a micro camera in the frames.

I rip her shirt sleeve off so that slice can tend to her arm. "Give me my laptop and I'll download the footage." Bethany tells me. I hand her the computer. She starts typing then waits for the download to finish. She hisses as slice hits a sore spot. Only then does she realize that he is stitching her wound.

Her nails are digging into the palm of her hand. I pick it up and intertwined our fingers. She is gripping my hand tightly. "Here is the footage." As we watch the video, Bethany translates the Arabic. We even see the poisonous herbs.

"I believe that is Foxglove. A poisonous flower." Slice says. "I'm all done, nerd! Great job!"

We all watch as Bethany enters the restroom and hangs her jacket then sits on the toilet as she places the tap. We hear her whispering where she is putting the tap. We hear everything that happens as we see all the action.

After we see Bethany shoot the second man in the eye. She leaves the room.

"Why couldn't we hear anything on her wire before it was flushed?" Sanders asked.

"Apparently there was a signal jammer in the restroom. They thought that was the best place to attack. There wasn't any way for me to get the help that I needed."

"You did an awesome job, nerd!" Decker told her. "You were prepared for any occasion."

"I'm so fuckin proud of you!" I tell her.

She looks at me. "But I killed two men!" Then passes out.

"What's wrong with her? Was it a dirty blade?" I ask slice.

Slice is checking her vitals. "Everything sounds good and strong. It is most likely shock and an adrenaline crash. Let's try to let her stretch out a little."

Granger crosses from the back seat to the back facing seat with Decker and slice. I lay Bethany's feet on the seat and her head in my lap. My jacket is her blanket.