2

Over the next several months, things flew by quickly.

  I talked to the recruiters and enlisted in the Army. I went to basic in July. I got closer to dad and Sherri, than ever before.

  Dad and Sherri are married and we all lived in dad's house.

  I graduated at the top of my class. I was only seventeen as I gave the valedictorian speech. Mother and her family decided not to be there. I had sent them an invitation.

  Dad took us to the best steak house in Oklahoma for my graduation dinner.

  I graduated from basic training and AIT. Now I'm in class yet again. This time I am able to concentrate on my computer programs. I am learning a couple different languages and how to decipher codes. It is very interesting to me. My phone rings as Jaden's face pops up on the screen.

  "Hey little brother! How's it going?"

  "There is the voice that I needed to hear!" He says quietly.

  I am instantly on alert. "What's wrong, Jaden? Talk to me." I close my computer.

   "I miss my sister."

  "I miss you too, little brother. Now tell me what is really going on with you."

   He sighed. After a moment of complete silence, he spoke again. "Hayley says that she is pregnant. I think that she is cheating on me. I use a condom every time. No matter how worked up I am, I cover up. Mainly because I don't want a baby when I am in high school. I have plans and don't see them happening with a child."

  "Have you talked to her about it?"

  "I tried to. She got mad and left me sitting in my truck in her driveway. That speaks of guilt to me."

  "Does she do that when she is trying to hide something?"

  "Yes. What do I do now, Bethany?"

   "Are you in love with her? Or is it lust with a heavy dose of like?"

  "I loved her, until she started changing. We've been together for two years. She took my virginity. Although she wasn't one at the time. We used to do a lot together. She would watch me at practice, take pictures of us together and put them on social media. None of that happens anymore. She's always on her phone."

  "What is her number?"

  "Why do you want her number? Are you going to kick her ass?" He asks me.

   "Sure! You are in Oklahoma and I'm in Washington. What is it?" He gave me her number. "Do you want me to be aggressive with her? Or would she put up a silent treatment?"

  "Well she's giving me the silent treatment now. I tried calling her twice today. Several times yesterday."

  "Alright, I'm hanging up so I can call her. I'll let you know what I find out or think when I get through talking to her."

  "Thank you, shorty! You're the greatest sister of all time!"

  "Well duhhhh!"

  "I love you, Bethany!"

  "I love you too, Jaden! I'll call you back."

  "Later!" He hung up and I called the number that he gave me.

  "Hello?" A male voice answers.

  "Hi, this is Dr. Freeman's office. I need to speak with Hayley Douglas, please."

   "Why? Is she sick?" He asks.

    "I can not tell you that. Doctor patient privacy."

  "Alright, hold on." I hear him talk to someone else. I hear a shower running. "Baby, your doctor is on the phone. I'm assuming that it's about our baby."