10. NOTHING & EVERYTHING

━━━━━━━━━━━━🦊 N I K O L A I 🦊━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━
🦊 N I K O L A I 🦊
━━━━━━━━━━━━

Nikolai was surprised to wake up with Teuta the next morning. He had thought she would already be up and gone for the day, like she always was. Or did he wake up earlier than usual and it wasn't time for her to leave yet? Either way, he was pleased to see her when he opened his eyes.

"Good morning," she said with a yawn when she noticed that he was awake as well. He had not suspected that she could look even more cuter but her sleepy face made his heart melt. "How did you sleep?"

"Morning," he said with a smile and slid over to her side of the bed. She snuggled into his hug as he wrapped his arms around her. "Better than in my own bed, I must say."

"Good to know." Teuta leaned her head against his, closing her eyes for a moment again. "Today's a busy day."

"We can ditch the others if you want." He pressed a kiss on her cheek. "I wouldn't mind. You could tell them you are sick, and I'll say I have plans with a noble far away from Os Alta. And we could go for a ride in the woods or sail on the lake."

"Every suggestion sounds amazing and I'm sure we'll find time for it in the future but unfortunately we can't skip work today," she sighed and gently freed herself from the hug. "Both of us have way too much to do."

"Can't we just stay in bed all day?" He begged and reached for her but Teuta slipped out of the covers with a grin.

"No, come on, you have a strategy meeting with Alina and the other Grisha, that's important."

Nikolai groaned in disagreement and pulled the blanket over his head in protest. "What are you going to do today, then? You said you were done with the renovations."

"I have plans with Bassim."

He threw the blanket over his feet in one quick motion. "Do I need to be jealous?"

"No," Teuta chuckled and put her traveling pants on. "You don't need worry about that, I like you way too much to have an affair with another man."

"That's good to hear." Nikolai smiled and tilted his head. "Then, what kind of plans do you have?"

"Why are you so nosy and curious all of a sudden?" She asked amused and reached for her shirt. "You've never shown interest in what exactly I'm doing when I'm gone."

"I wanted an excuse to come with you, that's why."

"The Grisha won't appreciate it if you dodge them. And you'll get bored with us, we're going to ride out of the capital to visit a few farmers to see if anybody would want to take care of the remaining land around the mansion."

"I know but your plans sound so much more interesting," he whined out. "Can't you just make a quick visit, I cut the meeting short, and we'll meet up at the other side of the lake and have an early dinner in the sun?"