04. RIPTIDE

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━🏴‍☠️ S T U R M H O N D 🏴‍☠️━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
🏴‍☠️ S T U R M H O N D 🏴‍☠️
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The cards were always in Sturmhond's favour. He laid his cards face up on the dark red tablecloth and slapped his right hand on it. "Ha!"

Teutla across from him rolled her eyes after she had studied his cards and threw hers in the middle of the table. "You're cheating."

"No, you're just very bad at this game!" He smile and collected the cards to shuffle them for another round. "I don't even need to cheat when I play with you."

"If you keep insulting me, I'm going to put my knife against your throat again," she said as he handed out the cards for a new round. "And this time, I might slice it, my dear Captain."

Sturmhond raised his eyebrows, putting the rest of the cards between them before grabbing his pack from the table. "And how would that benefit the mission if I were dead?"

"It would be way more quiet around, so the crew can do their work in peace." Teuta fanned her cards out and took a good look at them. "It's hard to concentrate sometimes."

"Are you sure that's not because you find me extremely attractive?"

She rolled her eyes, but Sturmhond could see the corners of her lips lifting up, she was fighting a smile away. And he understood that she wouldn't give him the satisfaction of smiling at his words or even laugh. But for him to know that she wouldn't give it to him this easily was enough. "You're so annoying. I have better things to do with my time than to fancy you the whole day."

"Oh, so you're only fantasizing about me at night?" His smile grew into a grin. "I can't blame you, I'm astonishing. What a shame it's not reality."

"Well, I'm glad it's not reality."

"Why not? We would be great together. And think about what amazing children we would have – They would be as beautiful as you are and have my great sense of humour and my charm."

Teuta lowered her cards and looked over to him. She seemed uncomfortable with him giving her this compliment and him teasing her. "You should stop that. Especially in front of others."

"Stop what?"

"You know what I mean."

Of course, he did. "And why?"

"Because it's weird and ..." I don't know how to deal with your flirting because I don't know if you're being serious? "And the crew is talking a lot about it. They make irritating comments and it's pissing me off. When you listen to them, a third party would think I'm your mistress that you took with you on this adventure to keep your company and not your First Mate! I wanted to slap the cook yesterday when he gave me your tea with a smug grin on his face."

His face got serious, he hadn't expected this kind response from her. "I apologize, I had no idea. I will speak to the crew, you have my word. And I won't frustrate you any further with what I'm saying in front in front of them."