Exactly, that was impossible.

Well... Not at all apparently. He had the bracelet after all.

He dialed a number he remembered very clearly.

It was an easy number after all. And no, of course he wasn't trying to call Dream again.

He had given that up by now, everytime he heard the same sentence, he broke down on the floor, regretting every choice he ever made.

It felt like drowning in lonelyness.

He was feeling hopeless. All because of the stupid time travels.

'If it won't work... What should I do then? I don't have anything else then, just the bracelet... Not a single person' he looked at the floor, waiting to hear the female voice again.

He would have seen it coming, honestly.

Nothing worked here, nothing was fair here and nothing cared for him here.

Why was he even here?

Why?

If he would have just never traveled...

And suddenly the beep's stopped, he shook his head to make his mind clearer.

'You got this George, whatever will happen now...' he closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"-ELLO? HELLO?! God DAMN, why isn't MY PHONE WORKING PROPERLY" the screaming man fully snapped George out of his thoughts and daydreams about what will happen next.

"Uh, hello! I hope I don't interupt you or something?" he asked quickly, his eyes wandering around somewhere.

'No. Way.' George thought that exact moment.

"Nah, don't worry, haha" he laughed and was way more calm than before.

"What do you need?" he added.

George smiled brightly: "Uhm, you're Nick, right?" and was full of hope.

"MAN, I'VE CALLED YOU A HUNDRED TIMES, DUDE" a man screamed from the other side of the phone, so loud that Dream held his phone further away from his ear.

"NICK, LITERALLY WHOLE LONDON CAN HEAR YOU" Dream screamed back at the guy, which was apparently named Nick.

"Yup, I'm pretty sure I am. If not, then I've lived a lie my whole life." he was pretty energic and seemed like a bro kind of friend, who always kept you up somehow.

No wonder why he was Dreams best friend.

They fit together really well, at least in George's opinion.

"Great" George giggled weakly "I'm George" he smiled and introduced himself.

"Am I in trouble or something? Why are you introducing yourself to me BUT you know my name? Don't tell me you want to get me into some religious shi-"

"Nono! I just wanted to ask you something about your friend Dream. May I get his phone number? I kind of wrote it down wrong, I think..." he stopped Nick from speaking and interrupted him.

"Dream?" the boy on the other end of the line asked.

"Uh, yes. Clay" he answered quickly.

"Clay?" he sounded confused.

"Did something happen to him?" George said fastly, holding his breath.

He wouldn't be ready to hear this at all.

"To Clay? Man, I don't know" he answered, trying to calm George down.

George just breathed out loudly, which Sapnap probably heard.

"To make it fast, I don't know someone named Clay, and neither someone called Dream. I'm really sorry about that" he spoke slower than before.

"Wha- What? No, you're his best friend" George claimed in disbelief.

"No, really. I never knew anyone named like that. Never heard of him" Nick assured George.

"But... But- No, wait, are you sure?" George sat himself on the floor, his back resting on the wall behind him.

He couldn't believe this.

On his wrist was the bracelet Dream gifted him... But there is no sign of him?

"I'm sorry. I don't know him"

George hated it. George hated everything right now.

After he broke down on the phone and left the poor Nick in pure confusion on the other side, he just sat there with his head resting on his knees.

He had been crying for hours now, his whole hoodie sleeves were full of his tears.

His reason to keep hope had been destroyed completely.

Dream didn't exist. Nick didn't know him.

The one who should have known him for sure... Didn't know anyone named that.

He let out another cry.

His voice was sore from all the screaming and crying.

George felt like a wreck now.

His body was giving up, just like he gave up all of his hope.

He lost him forever now.

The travels don't work.

Dream wasn't existing.

He couldn't get to his soulmate in any way.

That was the end.

The boy with the messy brunette hair whiped away the tears off his cheeks.

His eyes were fully red and he barely could stand up.

George tried to drag himself to the couch and letting himself fall on there, being more done than he ever was.

He really needed some rest now, but his body wasn't even be able to drag himself there anymore.

The brunette let himself fall back on the floor again, deciding to get a little rest there instead then.

He was still crying and he thought that he would never stop again.

George was tired of everything.

He had been before, but now he knew for sure, that the most important person in his life was just gone...

And he couldn't do anything about it.

He had everything he wished for, and now he lost everything again.

His eyes were filled with tears.

Why can't he just go back to the night they met.

Why can't he just go back to the night where he met his everything.

What is he supposed to do without him?

Before they met, he already had no one.

And because of Dream, he had noticed how lonely he actually had been his whole life.

Now he is gone.

He had no one anymore.

That was the end of their story together...

~1499 words
Well, I'm not a good writer BUT I still hope you liked this chapter.
This is it... Almost the end! We have one chapter left, let's see how it will end. It will probably be shorter.