XXVI

"Thank you for breakfast, it was very delicious, baby." You said standing up and placing a peck on Kristy's lips, "I need to get ready, do you have any appointments today?"

"Oh! Yes! They aren't for another few hours though." Kristy smiled and booped your nose gently with her index finger, "Go ahead and take your shower. I'll make you a to go cup and I'll prep your lunch and mine."

"You don't have to make me lunch, I'm going out for lunch today with some of my colleagues but that's really sweet... I appreciate it." You smiled and walked away to start your shower.

-Kristy's POV-

"Y/n... there's something I need to tell you. That's all you have to say, Harley. Tell her the truth or she will never love you as Harley.. she's in love with Dr. Kristy Banks! Why do you continue to lie to her? Is it because you know she'd hate you if she found out the truth?"

I stayed silent. He won't win. You knew you had to tell her but it could wait until later.

"Oh... so it is? Is it because you broke into her home? Stalked her? Forced her to be your cute princess? Do you want to have her hate you? Also... you might want to check on your wig... the lace is starting to peel."

My lace! I forgot... I didn't dye my hair! I'll do that today. Get some dye and then I'll be Kristy Banks in the flesh. I will also need to come up with a source of income and ID.

"Why bother? If you continue to lie to her... you know she will find out sooner or later. Why not just tell her you're actually a psychopath?"

"Why wouldn't I tell her the truth... I think that's simple enough," I whispered, "she wouldn't want to be with me."

A few moments later, Y/n walked out of the bathroom with a towel on her head, "Hey, umm you going back to your place after work?"

I turned to her with a gentle smile, "Only if you don't want me here."

"Well, I was going to ask if you wanted to go see a movie tonight. So... do you want to see a movie?"

"What movie?" I asked.

"I was thinking something along the lines of horror... or romance."

"I will take either, baby. As long as you hold onto me when you get scared or hold my hand during cute scenes." I smirk and walk over to Y/n. She smiled at me, I love her smile, it lights up my world.

"Deal. I'm going to dry my hair and put on minimal makeup." She said before kissing my lips quickly and darting back into the bedroom.

"Harley... you're despicable!" His laugh rang through my head, "This is truly magnificent! I leave you and now you have to lie to yourself and the woman you claim to be in love with. You're the worst!"

-your POV-

As you finished putting on your makeup, you smiled and twirled around in the tall mirror, "I think I look presentable," you said glancing over at the clock, "8! It's 8 already! My class is in 40 minutes!" You yelled across the apartment.

You scrambled for your items: phone, keys, wallet, bag, books and your sanity was sadly no where to be found, "damn..."

You quickly made your way out of the apartment only staying long enough to say, "Be safe! Love you!" Kristy didn't even have time to properly say goodbye.