Eulogy

Summary: Cole gives the eulogy at a funeral.

Warnings: Mentions of death and loss. Maybe have some tissues on hand...

Note(s): This is a re-post from my old multifandom book (I took it down), but since it's Ninjago I thought I'd share it here. This was originally posted on Mother's Day lol :,,)

 This was originally posted on Mother's Day lol :,,)

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

***

Cole has never been a funeral type of guy.

He's only been to two in his life. The first was for his Aunt Jasmine, which he was too young to even remember. The second was for his father's father, who he felt bad about, but hadn't known well enough to really mourn over. As such, he's forgotten how uncomfortable it is to stand in a stuffy funeral home, trying (and failing) to not sweat through his suit. He's also forgotten how completely and utterly depressing it all is.

The few guests—a handful of relatives from both sides of the family—make idle conversation as they head to their seats. Does it make things a little less awkward? Sure. But it does nothing to dispel the aura of sadness that permeates the room. As much as everyone tries to remain positive, they all know they've lost someone, and that knowledge hovers over them like a thick, suffocating smog.

It's all the more depressing considering who they've lost.

Cole sighs. His eyes are already red and burning, and he blinks to keep a fresh wave of moisture from spilling. He's cried enough tears these past few weeks to last him a lifetime. A few escape anyway, forcing him to squint through them as he turns his head. Across the room, away from where the warm light of the windows can reach, sits his mother's casket. His feet feel like bricks as he moves toward it, each step heavy and painful.

She's wearing a simple dress the color of lilacs in the summer, a stark contrast from the plain nightgown he'd gotten used to seeing her in. Her raven hair is pinned in a neat updo, now secured by what must be a gallon of hairspray, and her skin is coated in a layer of airbrushed makeup. He isn't sure why. Maybe it's to make her look more lively and refreshed, as if she's only resting. If that's the case, he doesn't get why they'd bother with that, since everyone knows she'll never leave that casket again. All he knows is she never would've dressed up that much.

Even so, she's still the most beautiful woman he's ever seen. Nothing in Ninjago could ever change that.

Cole sniffs, wiping harshly at his eyes with his sleeve, at the sound of light footsteps drawing near. A familiar presence appears by his side. He knows who it is, but he doesn't look up.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Aug 26, 2021 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

one shots | ninjagoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें