Flying and Why in Olympus is Cerberus here?!?!

Start from the beginning

"Trust me Neville, I know." I said. I've had my own share of injuries at the camp. The Ares kids definitely don't go easy during weapons training.

I was correct about the nurse. Madam Pomfrey, the school healer – apparently, they don't use the words doctor or nurse, they use the term healer – was very good at her job. All it really took was a flick of her wand and Neville wrist was back to normal. If only it was that quick with ambrosia. Even that took a little time.

Later on, while I was walking through the halls, I heard some of the other students talking about Harry becoming a "seeker" and I had no idea what that meant. I noticed the Weasley twins at the end of the hall so I decided to go up to them.

"Excuse me, Fred and George, was it?" I asked. They turned and smiled at me.

"Why yes." Fred said in a playfully dramatic voice. "What can we do for you, Miss Black?"

"I keep hearing people talking about Harry becoming a seeker. Do you two know what they're talking about?"

"Do you know what Quidditch is?" Fred asked.

"I know it's a wizarding sport played on broomsticks but that's kind of it."

"Well, seeker is one of the positions in Quidditch. Harry's the youngest member in like 100 years. That's why everyone's freaking out about it." George said.

"We're on the Gryffindor team." Fred said.

"Beaters." George grinned.

"I can only imagine what that entails." I said.

"Well, you're going to have to watch the first match to find out." Fred winked.

I walked to one of the courtyards, where Hermione was probably going to be. Over the past week, I decided to try giving her a fair shot. She was actually kind of nice when you got past the bossy side of her. Not to mention, once she found out about my dyslexia, she was more than happy to help me with reading.

"Hey girl." I said, sitting down next to her.

"Hey, I want to ask you something." She said seriously, closing her book.

"Um, alright. What about?"

"How were you talking to someone through a rainbow earlier?" She asked.

I stiffened when she asked that. I was sure that no one was near the classroom.

"I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but you did leave the door cracked." Shit. How could I have missed that?

"Okay, come on." I grabbed her by the arm and dragged her to the corner of the courtyard. "Okay, I'll tell you, but you have to swear to not say anything. It's not bad and the teachers already know, but you can't tell the other students." I said. She had looked apprehensive until I said that the teachers knew about it and she nodded. "Okay, this is going to sound crazy but I'm not just a witch. I'm a demigod." I said.

She stared at me for a moment. "Demigod, as in, half human half god?" She said. Her tone wasn't disbelieving, but she didn't sound convinced either.

"Yes. Specifically, half Greek god. They exist."

"Okay, can you prove it?" She asked, thankfully not in an accusing tone.

I sighed. "Okay, hold on." I stepped back a few steps and pulled off my necklace, which turned into my sword. I hadn't named it yet, but Mitchell said it should be called Heart-Breaker, even though I've told him it was an ungodly cliché. It was a Harpe sword with the Greek words for "love" and "Wrath" etched into either side of the blade. Beckendorf had made it for me on my 10th birthday and I loved it. One of the Hecate kids that lived in the Hermes cabin enchanted it, so it turned into my ruby apple necklace.