CHAPTER FIVE - Hades

Hades had nearly forgotten about his meeting with Zeus. It was one of the rare occasions he could go to Olympus, other than the winter solstice, which was usually the only time he was welcome...

He could have shadow traveled straight into the throne room but decided to take a walk, a time to collect his thoughts. If Zeus asked about the situation in the Underworld, he wasn't sure what to answer. He didn't want to seem like a fool who has to protect himself from his own ghosts.

He would be the laughing stock for years.

No. Zeus could go suck it.

Throughout history, Olympus was described as a paradise, with golden palaces, parks, and streets bustling with minor gods, godlings, nature spirits and demigods. The last part was ridiculous. Whoever thought demigods just walked around with their parents needed some history lessons.

Hades had always thought of it as a little extra, but he didn't live here, so that was not his problem. Not like anyone cared about his opinion. He just wanted to get the meeting over with and leave as soon as possible. The meeting was very important though, and he needed to focus.

"Hades!" A voice called from behind him. You've got to be- "Wait up, brother!" Hades turned his head to see Poseidon jogging up to him with a grin. His loud Hawaiian shirt was enough to give anyone a migraine, and if it wasn't enough, he'd undone enough buttons to make the entirety of his chest visible. At least three goddesses were fawning over him. He'd also brought his biggest golden trident. He couldn't have been more extra.

"Hello, Poseidon," Hades answered, tugging down his black suit jacket. Faces of tortured spirits swarmed in the fabric. Next to his tanned and colorful brother, he looked dressed for a funeral.

"Say, how's hell treating ya?" Poseidon poked him in the chest with the trident. Hades brushed it away.

"Fine."

"Wife good?"

"Very." Hades hoped Poseidon understood his message, Go away before I stab you, but he looked oblivious to the cold treatment.

"How about the kid?" He asked. Hades shot him a look. So everyone knows now?

"Bianca is doing good, as well. She woke up today." Poseidon laughed and patted him on the shoulder.

"That's great! You should be celebrating!"

"I am celebrating." Poseidon looked him up and down.

"Well, you certainly got a strange way of showing it." Hades barely held on to his temper, not wanting to make a scene. "Anywho, what brings you to Olympus?" They began walking down the pathway. Every immortal that saw them quickly turned around and walked away. Hades got some satisfaction out of that, knowing that even the gods were afraid of the Lord of the dead. As they rightfully should.

"I am here-" Should he tell Poseidon? Zeus would call for a vote if the plan was accepted, and Hades needed as many people on his side as he could. His thinking surprised even him. Since when did he want people on his side? This was for Bianca, he reminded himself. As soon as this was over, he could go back to his much better palace in the Underworld.

"You alive?'' Poseidon waved his trident in front of Hades's face, and he blinked.

"Yes. I am here to speak with Zeus. If he accepts my proposal, there will be a vote."

"Oh-h, cryptic, I see. Well, I hope it goes well." He patted Hades again. It's like he doesn't know how much Hades hates physical contact. Which he does know. It was mentioned several times over.

"Thank you, Poseidon." Suddenly, something zoomed in between them. They both jumped back and instinctively prepared for attack. Hermes materialized in front of them, laughter bubbling from his mouth. He was in a twelve-year-old form and had his traditional winged sandals on. Ridiculous.

"Why so uptight, guys?" He grinned. Poseidon shook his head, not being able to keep the smile off his face. Hades wasn't smiling.

"I'll be going," he said, walking past them both.

"Wait up!" Hermes called, jogging to catch up. "Say, whatcha doin' here? I'm pretty sure it's not the winter solstice again. Or was I in Italy for that long?" He joked, looking at Hades expectantly. If he was expecting a laugh, then he could also go suck it.

"It is not the winter solstice, Hermes. I am here because I have a meeting with Zeus."

"Oh-hh. Well, that explains the business outfit. What's the meeting about?" Hades stayed silent. "Aw, come on, gramps. I swear I won't tell anyone!" He whined.

Gramps? Hades would have stabbed him by now if he didn't want his vote. "Do you swear it on the River Styx?" He countered.

"I-" Hermes hesitated, then grinned. "Okay, fine, you win. But still. Plea-a-se? Pretty, pretty please?" And this kid was a god.

"My daughter, Bianca." Hades finally answered. Hermes gasped dramatically. Sometimes he could be more annoying than Apollo. At least he didn't randomly burst into song.

"The pretty girl with blue eyes?" He asked. Hades glared at him, and he raised his arms submissively. "Just asking. 'Cause, that's what everyone knows her as."

"Who's everyone?"

"Well..." Hermes fidgeted under his gaze.

"Hermes!" Apollo saved the day by waving at him. Hermes grinned.

"Gotta run!" With that, he was gone, leaving only a trail of dust. Hades kept going, trying to keep the unsettled look on his face. The pretty girl with blue eyes. That's what everyone knows her as.

It wasn't necessarily a bad thing, just... Hades wasn't sure. He decided to figure it out later.

The throne room was pretty impressive, he asumed, but it seemed a little overboard to him. Instinctively, he counted the thrones. Eleven, as usual. Why did he even bother? His throne was nicer anyways.

Zeus himself sat on the mega-throne, always superior, flashier, cooler. It was an annoying trait for a younger brother. It was an annoying trait for anyone. Hades didn't feel the need to change into his godly size. 

"Hello, Zeus," he said. And it began.

Unlimited Powerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें