chapter ten

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

jaehwa sat at the piano, staring off into nothing. logan had left earlier, promising that he would come back.

the bandages on her hand irritated her skin, but she left it alone, not wanting to deal with it.

no one paid attention to the banging outside the house, "seo jaehwa! open this door! seo hyojin!" the banging wouldn't stop.

a maid ran up to jaehwa, asking her if she wanted the door to open. jaehwa stayed silent, and the maid ran towards her grandfather, who had been sitting in the living room, watching jaehwa.

"mr. seo, ms. kang has been knocking for almost 10 minutes... shall i let her in?" jaehwa's grandfather glances at the young girl, and nods his head.

"better to get it over with now rather than later..." the maid nods, running towards the front door.

she unlocks it, and the door slams open, the rest of the maids flinching at the loud noise.

"seo jaehwa!" the aged woman struts right to the piano, grabbing the girl at the shoulders.

"when are you going to apologize!? huh!? blaming your sister for everything!? are you insane!?" the woman shakes the girl at the shoulders, not realizing that the young girl wasn't entirely there.

"Ms. Kang, please let her go, she isn't feeling well." the maid stutters, grabbing onto the aged woman's arm.

Kang Mark shakes her off, grabbing at Jaehwa's body again. "When!?" Jaehwa finally glances up at the older woman, her eyes tearing.

She looks at her grandfather, who had been staring at her out of worry. "what do you have to say about yourself seo jaehwa." the teenager ignores the lady, glancing at the maid.

"please show her the way out..." jaehwa's voice was barely above a whisper, basically begging the maids to remove the woman from the premises.

the maid nods, glancing at the rest of the staff. a guard grabs at the woman, releasing the grip she had on the young adult.

"let me go! i want an apology! she should apologize to Jenny!" the adult had struggled against the guards, trying to get out of their grip.

"seo jaehwa! stop being a brat and just apologize!" the door shuts, jaehwa still staring at nothing.

her grandfather sighs, standing up. he shuffles towards the girl, sitting next to her. "jaehwa... you can't be like this." jaehwa sat still, not responding.

"get over this, now. you don't need them anymore. they're useless to you, besides, you can ruin their life." jaehwa glanced at her grandpa, but back down on the floor,

"what if i don't want to ruin their lives anymore?..." her grandfather looked perplexed. how could she back down this easily. he stood up, enraged, grabbing at her shoulders.

"seo jaehwa! remember who you are! remember who raised you! you weren't raised by eunji that useless daughter in law. you were raised by me, do you understand!?" jaehwa blinked, nodding her head.

"get your shit together before i disown you too." her grandfather let go of her shoulders, turning on his heel, leaving the girl to her own monsters.