chapter four

┈┈。゚۪ ۪ ۪ ۪ ۪ ゚。┈┈

Jaehwa stood next to her mom, waiting for her to unlock the door. She heard mumbling behind them, and turned around spotting Jenny's mother. Jaehwa smiled awkwardly, greeting the older woman.

Jenny's mom smiled, her phone in her hand. Her mom finally unlocked the door, turning to Jaehwa. "Let's go inside?" Jaehwa nods, stepping in before her.

The furniture had plastic covering each piece, the room barely being lit by the sun coming in. "You can check out the room you have to use. It should be empty, so you can pick out furniture." She hands Jaehwa a card, smiling.

"Use it if you want to, don't worry about expenses. Everything on that card is from Logan." Jaehwa nods, grabbing the card out of her hand.

She thanks the older woman, making a beeline towards the room she was apparently going to use.

The room was empty, absolutely nothing was placed in here, a window that had been open, allowing sunlight to enter the room. Jaehwa sighs, hearing her phone ping in her back pocket.

hyuk <3
if you really
didn't forget me

hyuk <3
come over please
my parents aren't home

She looked down at the screen, the messages sitting there. She slid down her closed bedroom door, wondering.

Was it the smartest idea to see Minhyuk? After the stunt she had pulled earlier?...

She stared out the window, watching the sunset. It wouldn't be a bad idea. Minhyuk had made her felt safe, no matter how weird that sounded.

Jaehwa stood back up, placing her phone back into her pocket.

She grabbed the handle to the door, walking out and going towards the kitchen.

She sees her mom sitting there, on her laptop. "I'll be right back." Jaehwa sees Yoonhee nod, and she walks out, making her way to the elevators.

She kept reassuring herself, nothing would happen. Minhyuk had kept her safe, for quite awhile. She'd be fine.

~

She stood in front of his door, the elevator ride up making her a tiny bit more nervous. Jaehwa sighs, knocking on the door.

She can hear shuffling from the inside, and the door swings open, the guy who had asked to see her, standing there.

"You actually came... you didn't forget me." Minhyuk pulled Jaehwa into his house, pulling her really close.

The door behind them closed, the two standing right behind it. "I really thought you forgot about me."

Jaehwa stood in his arms, her arms to the side of her. They stood still for awhile, Minhyuk not wanting to let go.

"I'm sorry." Jaehwa whispered. She did feel bad. She saw all the messages he had sent her over the time she was gone.