Invisible & Irresistible

Start from the beginning

He nods his head as Wanda waves at us.

"If you follow me just a little further down the hall," I gesture for him to follow me "these offices are for the junior partners and then the further up you go senior partners and the huge office you can't miss from a mile away is Ms. Romanoff's."

"I think I can remember that." He nods.

"Oh, and the junior and senior partners have their own lounge just downstairs. Honestly, if you want good coffee you need to go to the cart outside anyway."

"Okay got it, good coffee from the cart outside."

I nod "exactly."

"Well thank you very much," he pauses "Y/N. Right?"

"Yes, that's correct, well it was lovely meeting you and I'll see you around. Do you know where you're going?"

"Think I've got it." The older man waves as he walks away.

With nothing left to do but wait for Maria I make my way over to Wanda's desk "Hey."

"Hey, Hun." She smiles.

"What time is it?" I ask.

"8," she sips on her coffee "35."

I sigh. "I thought they'd be done by now."

"Apparently not, how come you're on office tour duty?"

"Honestly I'm not entirely sure." I really wasn't all too sure what exactly had triggered the sudden demotion of my job but I figured it had something to do with what had happened over the weekend but it's not like I could bring it up with Wanda.

"hmm, she was being a little weird this morning."

"Weird? How so?"

Wanda shrugs "I'm not sure," she pauses "for the first time I actually don't know why she's being the way she is. Normally I can read her like a book."

"Who knows," I sigh "anyway are you free for lunch?"

"I should be."

"Do you want to see if Maria wants to join us or something? I was thinking we could go out somewhere like last time."

"Sounds good to me," Wanda nods her head bringing my attention to her eye line "Looks like they're done."

"Thank god for that, okay I'll speak to Maria and let you know what's happening."

She picks up the office phone ringing beside her, giving me a thumbs up to let me know she was happy with the plan.

--

"Y/N come here," Natasha calls me over to the two of them.

"You and Maria can use my office during lunch. Maria will brief you on the meeting and when I get back you should be all caught up. Wanda has access to the company card if you want to buy yourselves lunch."

I nod my head as Natasha walks off into her office.

"Are you okay?" Maria asks.

"Yeah," I say unconvincingly.

She places her hand on my shoulder in a comforting manner "The meeting wasn't all that interesting."

"umm, yeah it's fine."

A loud crash comes booming down the hall from Natasha's office followed by an irritated groan. I turn to face her glass office door watching her pick up files from the floor.

"Does anyone else think she's more on edge than normal?" Maria questions.

"What was that?" Wanda calls over to us.