Royal Mate

Chapter Ten

Third POV

She sat there on her throne, waiting for the princess to enter the huge doors. She had a frown on her face as she was growing impatient when finally, the doors opened. She smiled excitedly, but then her smile turned back to a frown when the person who entered was not who she expected it to be.
"Where is the princess?" She questioned the princess' personal guard that was now kneeling before her with head faced down.
"The princess ran away. We couldn't stop her."
"What are you trying to tell me?" the queen let out a growl that echoed through the whole throne room.
"Find her.... Don't return until you have found the princess." The queen tried to remain calm but still had a slight terror in the way she spoke and looked at the guard.
The guard left the room and the queen closed her eyes and tried to relax. I stepped forward confidently. Not to comfort her but to volunteer.
"What do you want Prince Harv?"
"Let me go out to look for her."
"Having one royal out there is bad enough. I would not risk losing two of you."
"I am more than capable of taking care of myself. I am your only hope of tracking down the princess before her wedding next week. I have to find her, before the vampires do," she stood up from her throne and started thinking then gave a slight nod.
"Do what you have to do...but get her and yourself back here in one piece," she had given me the permission. I no longer took the time to respond and just started running.

I will find the princess.

~~~~~

John's POV

"What brings you here?" asked Bernard as I sat with him at the branch of a very tall tree.
"Allison."
"Tell me about it."
"I told her about how I felt about her but something got in between and stopped her from giving me a response. Now I am stuck wondering how she feels about what I said to her."
"Girls are hard. For wolves it would be easier because we just find our mates but this is different. You had the correct approach. But telling her is one thing, making her believe is another."
"What does that even mean?"
"She needs reassurance if you truly feel that way about her."
"I broke my rules for her. Is that not enough?"
"It could've been, if you weren't the reason why she's in this mess in the first place."
"It is actually her fault for introducing me as her boyfriend."
"Okay. It's her fault. Would you want her to think that?"
"If she did. Then she would think I'm taking her for granted."
"Then it's your fault. That's how it should be."
"Fine. But how do I get her to believe and trust in my words."
"That is for you to figure out by yourself because I know nothing about how a vampire's affections are."

~~~~~

Bernard and I looked at each other as we both heard and felt the same thing. Unwelcome guests. There were three werewolves running through the woods towards the house. I jumped off the tree and dropped on the head of one of the werewolves with a kick and it slammed it's huge body on the dirt.

Three Lycans.

I ran towards the other werewolf and before it took a swing I managed to grab it's neck and tackle it to the ground then snapped it's neck causing it to be unconscious. I stood up and went back to the other wolf that I dropped on. It tried to leap on me but I glided to a safe side and grabbed it from it's back, smashed it on a tree then snapped it's neck.
I turned to face Bernard as he was struggling to snap the other Lycan's neck but managed to.

~~~~~

Allison's POV

"Jane, where's John?" I asked Jane as she pointed frontwards. With my vampire ability of sight I saw John and Bernard. They were walking back to the house carrying three men that were half naked. Jane and I ran downstairs.
"Who are theese?" asked Jane as Bernard was putting on gloves.
"Werewolves that were running towards the house." Jane went forward and took a quick sniff.
"Lycans?"
Bernard nodded as he tied them with ropes that had the smell of some sort of herbs. He was being careful of the ropes to not touch his skin.
"What kind of rope is that?" I asked out of curiosity.
"It's a rope filled with wolf's bane to weaken them and prevent them from freeing themselves easily."
As soon as Bernard finished tying them up, Tristan splashed water in their faces causing them to wake up.
"Who are you? Where are we?" They asked.
"You are in no position to ask questions," asked John as he stepped forward with his hand on his back looking superior and bad ass, "why are you here?"
"We are looking for someone."
"Who might that someone be?" asked John as the werewolves started looking at each other,
"Tell me. Or else," John threatened them as he called Ashley.
Ashley walked towards the werewolves with a frightening growl that was also sort of scaring me.
"The Grey Hound?" the werewolf said as he transferred his gaze from Ashley to John, "you are John Miles."
"Yes I am. Now tell me, who are you looking for?"
"Princess Meryl. She ran away from the palace and she is unguarded. So you need to let us go, we have to continue our search."
"The princess!" Tristan rushed to take the ropes off but had no gloves on him so it burnt his skin. "Ahh!"
"Let me do it," said Bernard.
"Thank you," said the werewolf after they got untied.
"I'm sorry that we won't be able to help to look for the princess. We have our own mission," said Tristan.
"We understand. We will be taking our leave now," and they left.
"Why would the princess run away?" asked Bernard.
"I heard that she was getting married next week to a royal werewolf from the Clide family. She probably wasn't ready to get married yet, so she ran away," said Jane then everybody started going back to their rooms as Bernard headed back to his original post.
"Allison," John called my name as I turned to face him, "may I talk to you?"
"What about?" I asked hoping that it would be about something else than what he told me a while ago.
"About what I said a while ago." Crap! "Don't think about it to much. I want you to focus on your training and nothing else."
"Oh, okay. Is that all?"
"Yes. Go rest now, I'll see you in the morning," there he goes again. I thought that after just now, he would be different but he seems to be hiding his feeling more than he used to.

~~~~~

John's POV

I have never felt so weak and embarrassed in my life. This feeling must be controlled or it will consume me. I have given Allison power over my self-consciousness.
I laid down in my bed, trying to just escape from my agitation when I heard a thump outside. I walked towards my window to see a girl sitting outside looking like she was hiding from someone. I knocked on my window as she got shocked and turned to face me. I opened the window.
"Hi, I ne..." I didn't let her finish talking and cut her off.
"Get away from my house," I said as I was suppose to close the window when she pushed herself inside forcefully.
"Leave." I pointed to the window but she just kept pleading.
"Wow. Are you rejecting me?"
"What are you talking about?"
"Don't you feel it?"
"Feel what."
"You're my mate as I am your's."