Issue #11: Forward to Death

Start from the beginning

"Favorite?" She repeated.

"Don't get a big head, it wasn't tough competition." I said.

"So what now, oh glorious leader?" Terra asked sarcastically. "And if you try to exploit my fears again to get me to do anything I will know what your doing and I'll squash you like a bug."

"...You are a lot stronger and smarter than anyone's willing to give you credit for." I said. She was taken by surprise and tried to keep her scowl on her face but it quickly distorted.

"I think the first thing we do is we find shelter for the night. We've walked for how long and if I see a Siberian Tiger I'm gonna be too cold to fight it. The sweater doesn't do as much against the cold as the cloak did." I stated. "Plus we need to bandage you and him up quick. I don't know how much blood either of you lost but it's probably not good." I pointed at Rick and Blackfire.

"I don't need assistance." Blackfire said.

"You know it's okay to ask for help. That goes for both of you." I said.

"What did I just say about-"

"You said don't exploit your fears to use you, not try to help you overcome your fears." I interrupted Terra. The walk was mostly quiet from then on until we found a cabin in the woods.

"That's convenient." Terra said. We walked down over and to the door. The inside was lit.

"Someone's definitely in here. No matter. Blackfire, could you?" I asked pointing to the door. She kicked it with her foot and it went flying off its hinges.

"Your Earth materials are so easy to destroy." Blackfire stated as we walked in. A woman screamed and a man quickly got up from his chair and picked up a shotgun right next to him.

"кто ты и зачем вторгаешься в наш дом !?" The man shouted.

"Ugh! No! English! Do any of you speak it!? Ou français!? または日本人!? Anything besides that!" Blackfire said.

"What the...?" Terra said as we looked at Blackfire.

"Did you just speak three different languages?" I spoke.

"What are you... invaders doing and why don't I kill you?" The man with the shotgun asked.

"Is that like a riddle or something?" Terra questioned.

"Obviously English isn't his first language, he probably meant 'give me a reason why I shouldn't kill you right now'." I said.

"Hurry and speak American dogs!" He said.

"American? Are Russians really dumb enough not to recognize an alien?" Blackfire asked annoyed.

"Well I can give you a reason right now." I said before turning into smoke and appearing behind him with the scythe in my hand, the tip just barely touching his throat. The woman screamed again. "We don't want to hurt you but if that's what this comes down to, so be it. We'll be staying here for the evening as my companions and I have been through a lot the last couple of hours and we need a place to rest up. Now I'd let you stay home but it's obvious you'll try to kill us in our sleep if we let you. So you're going to go out in the city until tomorrow. We should be gone by 6 pm. Then you can come back no problem. If you come back before then or try to kill us or alert authorities I will-"

"You will what!? Kill me!" He spat on the ground next to us. "I do not fear death!"

"I know that, idiot. That's why if you try to attack us I'll kill-" I turned back into smoke and appeared behind the woman. "Her." I wrapped my arm around her neck in an aggressive hug-like manner. "Not only that, I'll kill her by drowning her in a lake not too far back and I'm pretty sure she's not the biggest fan of water. It'll be fine though, I have a friend there already. Probably really lonely. Could use the company for eternity." I threatened. I could hear her whimpering in my ear. Terra looked at me with bugged out eyes like she wasn't exactly okay with this while Blackfire stood disinterested. "And it would be a shame if you were the one to blame for her death. Almost fear inducing. Wouldn't you agree?"

"д-да! да! We understand! Let her go!" He said dropping the gun.

"Excellent." I said before releasing the girl as she ran into the arms of her husband. They quickly grabbed their coats and ran off into the night. As soon as I knew the coast was clear I threw up out a nearby window. "God dammit..." I said now shaking.

"You weren't seriously gonna-"

"Of course not! But I had to do something and I don't think that man was willing to negotiate with anything except fear." I said. "I don't do those types of confrontations well and I'm not the monster but I can't put the mask on right now. The important thing now is we keep our word and we rest up before we keep going tomorrow. But before that, Terra close up the doorway, we're letting all the warm air out." I said. Terra raised her arm and a huge rock rose from the ground and barricaded us in. "And now we need to finally patch you two up. Look around for some first aid kits. We'll see what we can do." I instructed the two.