Chapter 20 (Last)

Start from the beginning

"They are perfect! And stop yelling that you are going to find out." I tell her, glaring at her.

She raises her hands in defeat. "Hey, I'm not the one who sneaks out of my girlfriend. If you didn't want her to know, you wouldn't have come out like this."

"Or you wouldn't have yelled my name. If she finds out, I'm screwed." I turn to the woman at the post.

"Something that you like." Kindly ask.

"Yes, I want to take these." I hand her the rings and she places them in a box. "How much for them."

"Oh, they're yours Heda. They are a gift." She hands me the box and I refuse.

"Please, how much do they cost?" The woman denied again and I dropped several coins, more than the rings cost I'm sure.

"Mochof." She looks at me gratefully.

"Pro, have a nice day." She bows and we walk away from the post.

"I should learn more grounder language." Raven says wrinkling her nose.

"Did you find something?" Octavia asked, coming to our side.

"Yeah, we found them." I show her the rings and she squeals.

"They're perfect, don't they?" Raven asks and Octavia nods enthusiastically. "Courtesy of Moa."

"Hey, don't take all the credit. I also helped to search." Octavia says to her, slapping her arm.

"You both helped." I interrupt before it leads to a fight. "Thank you."

"No problem. Now the only thing left to do is propose." Octavia says moving her eyebrows.

I swallow hard. That will require too much courage on my part. And if I have to fight an enemy army is not a problem, but facing Clarke is something else. I hope everything goes well.

-------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------

Clarke pov:

I walk through the boring market. Lexa is in a meeting or something like that, so I have to entertain myself. Roan is not available, or so the noises in his room told me. I did not find any of my mothers, so I only stayed to go down to the market.

I observed the gadgets of a post, when some screams catched my attention. "Lexa! Lexa, I found it!" I turn to the woman who screams and in a shop in front of me, a young woman runs up to a woman with a cloth covering her head. Lexa. I recognize the fabric and clothing. What is she doing here?

The girl takes her by the arm and drags her through the market. I keep myself hidden, trying not to get their attention. I also have a cloth covering my face. Let's just say my blonde hair and scars would stand out too much. I approach the stall and have a head-on view now. Yes, it is definitely Lexa. I cannot distinguish the other woman, but she seems to be unknown to me.

"They are perfect! And stop yelling that they are going to find out." Scolds the other woman. My heart clenches in my chest. Are they going to find out? Oh wait. I'm going to find out. Find out what?

"Hey, I'm not the one who sneaks out of my girlfriend. If you did not want her to find out, you would not have come out like that." The other woman replies. Her voice seems slightly familiar to me, but the bustle of the market does not allow me to recognize her.

"Or you wouldn't have yelled my name. If she finds out, I'm screwed." And that was the last straw.

Tears cover my face and I run as fast as I can. I avoid people, the only thing on my mind is to get as far away from this place as possible. Without realizing it I have left the protective walls of the city, but I keep running. I do it without stopping, until I stop in such a well-known place.