Chapter Twenty-Eight: Don't over think it

Start from the beginning

Ughhhhh this is so confusingg.

"*sigh* Celeste-sama, you don't need to over think things.." Hestia said through my head.

"I know..but I can't help it. What if they don't want me anymore? What if they're happier now? What if-" I was cutted off.

"Enough with the What if's Celeste-sama. You know their attitude, they love you as much as you love them. They'll welcome you with open arms. Trust me on that, now what do you really want to do?" Ares said.

"...I-I want to send them my journal. The one I write on whenever we go on an adventure. The one I especially made for them.." I twiddled with my fingers.

"Then that's what you should do, Elvi-chan" Isadora smiled.

"Should I really?"

"Of course! Though we should head to Kinseligh first, we are at Whitlock after all" Haxley stated.

"Road trip~ Road trip~" Mirielle jumped around all giddy.

" *sniffle* Thanks guys...oh right, have you contacted your parents yet?" I asked.

"Crap!" They said in unison and hurridely took out their phones and started dialing their parents. I could hear some of them yelling through the phone. I laughed at them.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

Along the way to Kinsleigh Kingdom we bumped into some monsters here and there. I tried the new skill I acquired when I was inside the cave. Whenever I got the chance, I would always scan the area for any signs of impurities.

I'm thankful that there isn't any yet. All of our senses has heightened. It so sensitive that the range where  I could hear is until 85 meters. Almost as long as a football field!

We finally reached the gates of the Kingdom. We rode a wagon to get here since there wasn't any available carriages. Isadora and Ophelia were dying to stretch their wings.

I hid my face as I adjusted my cloak. The wagon went to a stop so we all got down. My dress hiked up a bit behind me so Zed had to pat it down.

I browsed at my surroundings and noticed that some areas changed, the places got cleaner and everything looked at tip top shape. Though one factor caught my interest.

Where's all the people? So few are walkig around but they all seem frantic.

What's happening??

We were all on high alert, I approached the lady that was crying while begging for any kind of medicine to help her husband.

"I'm sorry, but may I ask what's wrong?" I gently patted her back.

"I-I don't know..m-my husband, he's sick. I-I don't know w-what happened to h-him. Almost everyone here has been going through the same thing!"

"Can we please see your husband? We might be able to help him." I said, I could if I can find out what's exactly wrong with him.

"Please! Oh goodness thank you! Come with me." She then hurridely showed us the way to her house.

We entered and we were met with a ghostly pale man. He was sweating so much.

"What the heck happened?" Ophelia murmured under her breath.

"Are you sure you won't get affected, Elvi-san?" Noel grabbed my wrist before I could go near.

I already scanned his body, its not infectious.

"Yes, I'm sure." I smiled at him. He then relcutantly released his grip and I walked my way towards the man.

I checked his eyes they were fine but when I asked him to open his mouth. His tongue was red, not the normal way but it was horrible.

I then held his hand and used a spell,

"Full body-scan."

My hands glowed a bright green and it flashed from his head to his foot. He has an abnormal acidity in his blood, mucous membranes, there's also an accumalation of ketone in his body. This can't be good.

I asked him what he feels,  loss of appetite, nausea, weakness, and abdominal pain.

Why does he have that sickness?!

"How long has this been going on?" I asked.

"Yesterday." She quickly responded.

"...Has he drunken any milk yesterday?"

"Yes!"

I was right, it is what I concluded. He has-

To Be Continued . . .