I go up to my room, dinner forgotten for the night. After changing, I lay in bed and just stare at the ceiling.

Can I trust Michael? He's the only person who can help better my abilities, but I can feel something's off with him. I just don't know if it's good or bad.

Henry doesn't like him for a reason. However, if he was dangerous, he'd be much more adamant about me not working with him.

And this Cal guy. If he's not a good guy, why is Michael working with him at all?

Things just aren't adding up and it's incredibly frustrating because I don't know what to do about it or who I'm supposed to trust.

I push all those thoughts to the side. They'll still be there in the morning, but I need to get some sleep.

After a somewhat peaceful night, I wake up early to go for a run. Whether I trust Michael or not, he was right in saying that I need to be at my best before facing Astaroth.

When I finally get back to the house, Taylor is finally back. I can't hide my grin as I take in her disheveled hair. "Have a fun night?"

"I most certainly did," she nods.

I wait for her to continue, but she doesn't. I raise an eyebrow. "Don't go clamming up on me now. What happened?"

"We talked like you like you suggested. We went for so long that we didn't end up leaving the bar until four this morning," she says. "She talked about her reservations and I talked about mine. I mean, in all honesty I didn't think I had any, but after Gwen...," she trails off.

I grab her hand and squeeze it. She doesn't talk about Gwen often, but I know it still hurts. I also know that she doesn't like talking about it, so I try to remain upbeat. "It's good that you finally got everything out in the open. Where does this leave you guys now?"

       She grins. "We're going on a date tomorrow night."

        It's night to see her so happy, she deserves it. Jami too. They are very different, but I think they'll balance each other out in a good way.

       "Finally," I pull her in for a hug.

         "You know I love you, but you smell so bad," she says before pulling away.

        "Okay, well it's August in South Carolina," I remind her. "I'll shower after I eat something."

        I didn't eat much yesterday and after my run, I feel a little shaky. I grab a bowl from the cabinet, when there's suddenly a piercing pain in my head.

The bowl slips through my fingers and shatters on the ground.

I hear Taylor say something, but I can't concentrate on anything except the white hot pain searing through my head. I grasp onto the kitchen counter for support as everything around me changes.

        Everything around me is a blur, I can't seem to focus on anything.

       "Please, do not do this," I hear myself beg. "You know what they will do to me."

       "That's not really my problem. You broke the law, Sang," I hear a man say. "You know what you've been doing is wrong. Your rank won't get you out of this one."

        "Sometimes the law isn't always right," I tell him. "We've been friends for how long? I expected you to have my back on this."

           I feel a strong sense of betrayal. It's incredibly frustrating that I don't know what for.

        He laughs. "You are so incredibly naive."

         As I come back to reality, the pain in my head begins to subside.

        "Sang? Are you alright?," Taylor asks.

       I rub my forehead and try to catch my breath. That was intense. "I think I just remembered something from my past."

         "Oh my God, that's huge," Taylor says. "What did you see?"

         "I broke a law. And I was talking to a man, evidently he was my friend. But he betrayed me, he was going to turn me in," I tell her. "I couldn't get a good look at anything though, it was all very blurry."

"You don't sound happy about it," she frowns. "Other than killing demons, this is all you've wanted since I've known you."

      "Because I'm suddenly questioning whether I'm better off knowing," I tell her honestly. "You spent days going through missing persons' lists. Maybe you couldn't find anything, because nobody reported me missing."

       "Do you think that it wasn't a demon attack at all?," she asks, looking confused.

        "No, I wasn't even thinking of that," I groan. "I meant that maybe nobody reported me missing because I wasn't a good person before this. I mean, I did break the law."

       "I don't buy that," she says. "I shouldn't have to remind you that you break the law all the time now and you do it to help people."

       She has a point. Owning illegal weapons, some breaking and entering, etcetera. All because Innocents can't know about demons.

        "I don't know what to think," I shrug. "I need to know where I came from, but I'm afraid of what I'll find out about myself."

        "Well, it looks like your going to get your answers soon. This training with Michael is helping," she says. "But whatever it is, you're going to fine. You have us every step of the way."

         I give her a small smile. I don't know what I'd do without them.

       And then the landline rings. Our job is never ending.