THREE

LEE KNOW
DOWNTOWN SEOUL, KOREA

he was off the stage.
finally.

so many eyes had gawked at his figure, he was so glad to have made it down.

minho loved attention, he adored it, and reveled in it but -- this type of attention, attention of strangers, kind of just... creeped him out. a lot.

and today felt weird too, like someone was watching him.

a familiar gaze.

familiar touches, whispers-

no.
it couldn't be.

it had been three years, so why now?

how could it be him of all people?
aish, why was minho even thinking about him when he had sworn not to?

"min hyung!" felix greeted brightly as the dancer approached him.

"yongbok," minho greeted back with a smile. "you still here?"

"yeah, shift just started. wish i came earlier though, you were awesome on stage!" felix exclaimed, his eyes gleamed at the older male.

"it's nothing, i didn't do more than the bare minimum."

"oh, please, hyung. you had men cumming in their pants and you didn't even strip!" a familiar voice snorted, as someone slinked up to the dancers-only section of the bar.

hwang hyunjin.

"hyunjin, you're exaggerating." minho rolled his eyes fondly. "what are you doing here? aren't you up to perform soon?"

"don't be such a worrywart, i still have time, hyung." hyunjin waved him off. "will you watch?"

"i don't have anything else to do, so why wouldn't i? you'll rock the stage, you always do." minho hummed casually, ignoring the younger's dramatics at the compliment.

he didn't notice felix's smile, or hyunjin's red ears and grin.

"ah, hyung! you're so flattering sometimes!" hyunjin exclaimed, as he threw himself onto minho and draped himself all over him. he was grinning genuinely, ecstatic at minho's words.

"i'm just being honest, hyunie. there's nothing else to it." minho sighed.

and he was being honest.

hyunjin was so elegant, so ethereal, and just -- everything minho wasn't.

and that was fine, he wasn't envious.
they were different people.

hyunjin belonged in the spotlight.

minho was fine without it.

dancing was his soul, it was in his blood, he wouldn't give it up for the world.

if being able to dance meant being shoved behind the spotlight, then, fine. he'd do just that.

sometimes, he did long for it.
sometimes, he wondered.

about the spotlight.