Romantically Flustered

Start from the beginning

"Okay get out. Get out!" I usher with my hands as I feel the painful transformation start. My face is burning as they close the door behind them and I shrink into my fluffy duvet.

I have guests. Why would I go to bed shirtless? Stupid.

I can hear George and Sapnap laughing outside my door. Their footsteps retreat and I let myself sink into my covers.

I take a deep breath and let myself grow back to size. I still can't believe George's face after seeing me shirtless.

I throw on a shirt and make my way to the kitchen. George is attacking Sapnap with his sweater covered fists and I laugh at the sight.

"I wish I got a picture of those abs," Sapnap whistles as I enter.

"Oh shut up Snapchat," I retort as I pull cereal and milk from the pantry and fridge.

I take 3 bowls from the cupboard and let them serve themselves. I raise my eyebrows at them. "It was really that easy," I mock. "No need to wake up daddy bird to feed the chicks."

Sapnap rolls his eyes. "Okay I admit it. We were just bored."

"What do you guys want to do today anyway?" I ask while pouring milk in my Rice Krispies.

The both shrug their shoulders. I look out my giant windows into the backyard and am greeted with a sunny day.

"How about the beach?"

Sapnap gets excited while George gives another shrug.

"Not a fan George?" I ask.

He does another small shrug. "I don't mind the beach. I don't think I brought any trunks though."

I hum in response. "Okay. The store and then the beach."

Sapnap pumps his fist in excitement as if it was the first time he heard it. I laugh at his ridiculousness.

After a good breakfast of cereal I start packing a lunch for the three of us. George and Sapnap split off to get ready for the beach. I make tuna fish sandwiches and wrap them in plastic. I grab a bag of chips and fill a Ziploc bag with random fruits.

George comes out in a t-shirt and loose basketball shorts. He has a towel in his hand and a water bottle in the other.

"Looking good," I say as I place the last of the food in a cooler with water bottles.

"I would say the same, but you're still in your pajamas."

"I know I know," I close the cooler. "I didn't want us to go hungry." I walk past him with a wink and go into my room.

I quickly get changed into a loose button down Hawaiian shirt, my beach shirt, and dark blue swim shorts with sharks. I grab a towel from my bathroom and a pair of sunglasses off my dresser. I had a stack of at least 20 pairs in a sort of display case. I think I had a little bit of an obsession.

I plop the sunglasses on my mop of blond hair. I exit my room to find George and Sapnap arguing.

"I bet he hates-" Sapnap stops short. "Dream!"

I quirk an eyebrow. "What are you guys talking about?"

"Nothing!" George rushes while Sapnap says, "George's-"

George puts his hands over Sapnap's mouth. "Shut up or I swear-"

Sapnap pulls his hands off his face aggressively. "Okay okay."

"What?" I ask in confusion.

"Don't worry about it." George urges. "Ready to go?"

I nod my head hesitantly still confused about their argument.

"Beach time!" Sapnap yells enthusiastically.

Hey! Thanks for reading! How is your day going? What do you think of the story so far?

1165 words