Pregnant Pause - Natasha Romanoff

Waking up to an empty bed was certainly not an unusual occurrence

     Waking up to an empty bed was certainly not an unusual occurrence. It wasn't rare for Natasha to wake up at what was a normal time for her.
     Ever since the two of you got married and moved out of the compound into your own little home, her body still had trouble accommodating to not having to rise so early. And that was over two years ago.
     Now, though, you were sure it was something else contributing to her odd sleeping patterns.
     Getting up and stretching with a groan, you do your morning routine before heading out into the kitchen where you were sure Nat would be.
     You walked up behind her and wrapped your arms around her, resting them on her bulging stomach.
     "Morning love," you mumbled into her neck.
     Leaning back into your embrace, the woman pressed a kiss on your cheek in greeting.
     "The little booger wake you again?"
      She nodded and shifted on her feet.
     "Yeah. Was kicking at my bladder and everything."
     Natasha slightly wiggled out of your hold and continued cutting up fruit, which she was doing before you distracted her.
     As she moved, you noticed the scrunches of her face and the tiny winces that she tried to hide.
     Despite how safe she felt with you, Natasha still had the tendency to hide her emotions and feelings. It's not like she meant it; it was just something she was used to—she had to do it to survive.
     Reaching for her hands, you gently pried the knife from her hands and plucked the piece of apple out of her hands and popped it in your mouth. She frowned at you but you only smiled at her and pulled her back into you.
     As you tucked your arms underneath her stomach, you felt her tense.
     "Relax," you whispered, pressing a kiss to her neck.
     Taking a few deep breaths, you waited until she copied you and was leaning into you.
     You gently lifted her stomach and Natasha let out a moan of relief. The woman dropped her head back onto your shoulder and sighed.
     "This is better than sex," she chuckled.
     "Yeah?"
     "Mhmm," Nat hummed.
     The two of you stood like that for about 30 more seconds before you started to gently lower her belly. Her hands shot down towards your arms trying to stop you from moving.
     "Just...just ten more seconds, please."
     "'Course, sweetheart," you said, pecking her forehead.
     You would gladly hold on for as long as she needed you to.