Chapter 12. Five Months Ago - February P3

Start from the beginning

Jing Guangshan was standing firm that this was a good idea and that the Jiang family could no longer be trusted

Nie Mingjue turned that on its head and spat that the Jin Sect could no longer be trusted to be honorable and Brother agreed. Wen Xu is torn visibly, when Brother points out that each of them here, might have to fear the Jin Sect's betrayal.

That caused a storm of ranting rage that competed wholesale with Nie Mingjue's excellent lungs and Wen Xu's hissing reprisal...right up until someone played with the sound on the live camera, causing that awful static scream as if someone was trying to call their attention back for the next part. Which was a ridiculous thought.  Wasn't it?

Everyone whirled around or at least redirected their attention to the screen on the account of Wen Xu.

The camera wearer was roughly shoved down onto his knees. Jin Zixun, Lan Zhan thought darkly. "Now what!" Jin Guangshan shouted in hoarse outrage.

Jiang disciples silent and stony in their anger surrounded the Jin disciples, in a large hall. Ancient censers shaped into lotus flowers stood in the four corners of the room, that curved to meet a set of steps going down to another floor they could not see from this angle.

The intricately carved ceiling dipped down into three arches, decorated with finely crafted panels displaying beautiful motifs of lotus flowers and ponds. Two pillars less decorated but etched with ancient scenes or the Yunmeng Jiang coat of arms stood proudly in the middle where the disciples were being guarded.

For a long moment no one spoke, not even Jin Guangshan. Only Wen Xu broke the silence to derisively say, "Is this their response? Reflection of your wrongs? Like Gusu?"

Brother's frame previously only tense became a whipcord of restrained anger. There is a stillness to that fury, rarely ever seen. His face becomes as unreadable and cold as marble, eyes flinty. His grip on the hilt of Shuoyue goes white knuckled.

Jin Guangshan actually appeared momentarily stunned mute and Lady Jin looked horrified

Jin Guangshan actually appeared momentarily stunned mute and Lady Jin looked horrified. A pity she didn't have enough heart for that expression, when Wei Ying had pointed a gun at his head or when Nie Huaisang was being strangled. Lan Zhan didn't dignify the dig with any response and Nie Mingjue looks disgusted.