Chapter 4. One Year Ago - Found

Sorry for the huge delay!! I swore I was going to finish one of my largest WIP, so I put my free time into that and work was hectic.

Warning: the initial scene involves psychological torment of a handcuffed person and then scenes of murder. Its brief, canon style and vaguely described. If you would like to skip that bit, please scroll to below the second picture. Thank you! 

The strongest people are not the ones running with a sword.

They are the ones that pick up the pieces afterward.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the sun set drifting below the horizon, a woman was dragged from the back of a car. They let her fall, crashing to the unforgiving ground in front of the back tire. She struggled and one hit her squarely across the face, before hauling her across the rough ground.

The last one shut the car door and followed the others into the middle of a deserted building, in the middle of the rural country, miles from the road and any city.

She had fought in every way she had been taught, stabbing one and nearly getting away...before the leader of her kidnappers told they had her brothers.

If there was one thing Jiang Yanli would die for, other than her child, it would be for her brothers.

So after that, she stopped trying to escape and complied as best as she could. The price they had set was too high and knowing her brothers, knowing they might actually have them captive could only mean that they were badly hurt.

She couldn't risk it.

Yunmeng Jiang's cultivation techniques were mainly offensive, relying on speed, stealth and acrobatics of traditional martial arts, qinggong and the like. She was not A-Xian, who was a natural talent for all of those things, or A-Cheng who had the speed and dexterity to compete with him.

In this she did poorly. Her mother Lady Yu despaired of her as a 'proper Jiang', but between A-Xian's insatiable desire for knowledge, his talent for talismans and arrays; she had become adept at defense cultivation. He had taught her not as a training disciple first, but taught her to move more like her ballet training. Later on, when she befriend Lan Zhan of the Lan Sect, she had learned even more.

Musical cultivation for one and eventually after so long, she had earned her sword.

She wasn't her mother, but she was a proud Jiang.

They threw her to the ground and she saw the camera set up and the TV screen, dread chilling her spine

They threw her to the ground and she saw the camera set up and the TV screen, dread chilling her spine. Her arm was broken she knew and it hurt to breathe but that might be the fear. There were another two men waiting and she missed most of the conversation but it seemed to be about timing and how the 'Boss' was waiting.