[1] Drop

Staring idly out my cell window I watch the slow patterns of the clouds on earth. If only. None of us have been to Earth before, all we know about the radiation soaked planet is from books. And even then we don't know what state the earth is in now. If it's even survivable. Besides the information in those books are over 97 years old.

Another one of the Arks secret. You'd be surprised on what the Ark council members neglect to tell us.

I'm interrupted from my thoughts when my cell door abruptly opens. I sit up, resting my weight on my elbows as I watch the guards open a small metal box.

"Prisoner, against the wall." One of the Guards commands, his weapon already out of his utility belt.

"What? No prison number? Am I that special?"

"Willa." I search the room for the familiar voice, my light green eyes landing on a feminine guard standing in the entrance of my cell. "Just do as he says." She urges.

I nod once, a small smirk playing on my lips, before following their directions. I face the wall, my arm extended for them to put whatever is in that box on me. A small surge of electricity runs up my arm as they close the medal around my wrist. "It's usually a promise ring." I laugh, inspecting the bracelet, mocking the guards in front of me, "But I guess this is cute."

Without warning the guard in front of me smacks me across the face, catching me off guard for once. I don't waste a second, tackling the guard to the ground in anger as soon as I recover. I land one blow to the guard's nose before I'm ripped away from the bastard. A satisfied smile spreads on my lips when a small trail of blood leaks from the guard's nose.

"Willa- cooperate, you're going to the ground." The female guard whispers, still restraining me from attacking the guard.

"What?" The guard, raises her visor slightly, a sly smile on her lips. An ear splitting grin spreads on my face, before I quickly wipe it away, trying to keep the guards identity a secret. "Tess, you sly dog."

Tessa pulls her visor back down before continuing with the façade, "Prisoner, cooperate, or we will put you under." I raise my hands in mock surrender. Tessa hands me a new set of clothing, probably something for suitable for life on the ground. I quickly change into the brown and green clothing, the material much different from the prison clothes.

The male guard I punched finally raises from the ground and roughly grabs my arm before leading me out of my cell. My eyes roam the halls, all of the other prisoners in similar situations. I laugh silently to myself noticing how I have the most escorts out of all the other teens.

My little entourage of five guards and Tessa lead me through the sky box, halting at the entrance of a separate pod, a drop ship, allowing the guard by the door to take my name.

The guard by the door takes forever finding my name, after what seems like hours I quickly realize why. I shoot a sidelong glance at the guard who I punched, "Why don't you tell him my name."

"Shut up." The guard grabs the clipboard from the younger one, checking off a line with only my initials present. I guess they really don't want anyone knowing my name. I quirk an eyebrow, searching the rest of the names, each of them marked with a number, that it except for me. If I had a number I would be #101, since the boy before me is #100.

I feign a curtsey before proceeding into the pod and taking a seat where Tess instructs me to. Tessa slips a small rectangle into the pocket of my new "Earth outfit" as she clips my seat belt. I nod a small goodbye to my friend as she leaves the drop ship, her lean figure being blocked out of sight as more prisoners enter the drop ship.