Chapter 11

"Slow down dumbass!" I yell. John B was speeding the boat on the water.

Everyone's hair was flying around in the wind. John B slowed down as we got closer to the marsh. It was such a beautiful day, the view was perfect. By the looks of it JJ thought so too, he was staring at me in my bikini.

"Hey, eyes up here buddy" I circled my face and giggled.

"Can't help it, you too hot" As those words came out of JJ's mouth my heart started beating out of my chest like never before. My face turned red and hot.

"Come blush over here" JJ pulled me by my waist and sat me down on his lap.

"I love you y/n/n" he whispered in my ear giving it a little kiss after.

"Love you too J," I say looking at him. The moment our eyes met I couldn't stop staring

"I love you too y/n" John B interrupts our moment.

"God! You are such a dick!" I get up off of JJ and throw my empty beer can at him. Everyone starts laughing at John B.

"Just leave them alone JB! You don't know what it's like to be in a relationship" Kie says chuckling pulling down her sunglasses halfway.

John B rolled his eyes. We arrived at the docks and saw Mr Heyward sweeping. 

"Hola Mr Heyward!" I exclaimed while JJ ties the boat to the dock.

Pope gets off to get some things from his house. I look around the docks and see some tents still in their bags on the side of the house.

"Mr Heyward? What are you doing with those tents?" I wondered. 

"Oh, those things? We've had them for years but never used them, so Mrs Heyward and I decided to leave them out and see who wants it" he went on. That gave me a great idea!

"For free?..." I cheerfully ask.

"You can take them, have fun" he gave me the tents. "Pope c'mon you friends are waiting for ya" Mr Heyward yelled at the top of his lungs.

"Thanks so much, Mr Heyward!" I gave him a big bear hug which put a smile on his face.

I ran back to the boat with the tents in my arms. As I was running they started slipping out of my arms but I managed to keep them still. Pope was not far behind me. I hopped on the boat placing the tents on the ground. Everyone looked at the tents confused.

"Guys! We are going camping!" I announce happily.

"What?" Kiara was confused.

"Mr Heyward gave me these tents, c'mon it'll be great to add for this summer!" I inform. It was true, it will be really fun! I remember going camping with my parents and brother, I had a really fun time.

"We will leave tomorrow and drive Twinkie to the woods at 6 am" I heard a sigh coming from everyone. "Babies" I roll my eyes.

~

I needed more stuff for the trip so I cycled to my house. JJ said he would pick me up there in 20 minutes. My brother's car was gone, he wasn't home... Yey. I unlocked the front door and the house was... clean? Does someone else live here? No, that cant be. 

"Y/n!" Jake came out of his room and hugged me. I pushed him away from me.

"Jake!" I exclaimed. He looked clean. His hair was neat and he had clean clothes on, he also wasn't drunk by the smell of his minty breath.

"W-What happened to you?" I ask still in shock.

"I'm sober a-and healthy..." he sighed, "I'm making a change, so I can look after you".

"Wheres the car?" I questioned. Still trying to take in what's happening.

"I sold it, so I can pay for other stuff like the house bills and whatever you need" Jake takes my hand.

"Are you really going to stay like this?" I inquired. I was getting emotional. My only family left is finally here for me, after like what? Years?

"Oh, Jake!" I run to him and hug him. I have never realised how much I've missed him.

"I miss you so much" I sob in tears. His shirt started getting soaked with my tears.

"Me too, short stuff" he always called me that before our parents died. It was so nice to hear it  again.

"Oh right! I'm going camping with the pogues tomorrow" I told him realising the hug. 

"Ok, sounds fun," he says placing his hand on my head, "but before you go I wanna hear about you now".

We sit down on the couch and I talk about what's changed, gossip about the kooks, the parties and fights all that stuff. He asks me about the pogues and I catch him up about them and tell them they are all good.

"Oh, and... I'm dating someone" I quickly say.

"What?! Who!" he begged me to tell him.

"You know JJ? My best friend? Him" I tell him waiting to hear for a response.

"Aw, that's great! You still a virgin?" he laughed.

"I can't believe you just said that!" I chuckle.

"But are you?" he cheekily asks again. I just ignore that question.

I told him I had to get ready and that JJ would pick me up soon. So I went to my room and packed some stuff. I wasn't scared anymore. I wasn't so nervous and scared to come into my own room, not knowing if my brother would hurt me. I'm glad he finally decided to change, but I won't completely forgive him for what he did to me. I still love him though. 

From my window, I hear yelling outside. I walk out and see JJ and Jake arguing. 

"Hey, hey stop" I put my hand in front of JJ.

"What does he mean "changed" y/n?" JJ turns towards me.

"Jakes clean and sober. He isn't going to drink anymore and decided to help me" I inform him.

"Oh..." JJ pulls me to him and gives me a quick kiss on the forehead.

"JJ, I know I haven't been nice to y/n for years now but, I am now, I'm trying" Jake slowly walks back into the house.

"Thanks for trying, this is good for her" JJ says and I smile. Im happy JJ isn't mad at him and Jake is happy for both me and JJ.

"I'm happy for you" JJ kisses me on my cheek. My thumb caressed the side of his face.

"And I'm happy I have the best boyfriend in the world" a smile grew on his face. 

We got back at the chateau and everyone was there already with their bags all piled outside on the porch. I am so excited about tomorrow!