Chapter 2

I came out of the shower with a towel wrapped around my hair. John B and Pope have started a fire while Kie and JJ are sitting around warming their hands. 

"Hey cutie," JJ said as he saw me walking towards the bonfire.

"JJ, don't call me that," I said sitting down.

"Why not? Does it make you feel weird?" he asked while cooking the fish we have caught earlier that day. I just ignored him. 

"Hey y/n/n, want some fish?" John B asked with a fish in his hands ready to be cooked.

I nodded with a smile. JJ then sat next to me and untied my towel around my hair. He then brushed his fingers in my y/h/c hair which gave me shivers down my spine. JJ has never done this before. 

"Aight gotta do a leak" he jumped up running to the bathroom.

Kiara then started scooting towards me and gave me a little nudge with her elbow.

"Well I've never seen him do that before, and I've seen JJ do a LOT of things to you," she said smirking away.

"It's nothing, you know JJ" I replied, but come to think of it this was a little affectionate of JJ.

"He likes you, no doubt," Kie said.

John B and Pope overheard our conversation.

"Definitely" Pope butt in, "I mean c'mon, the running through his hands in your hair," he said teasingly.

"Do you like him?" John B asked.

"1 JJ doesn't like me, 2 I don't know but if I'm being honest I'm starting to..." I said being and waiting to hear what they will say next.

They all laughed and shouted, "KNEW IT". I laughed back.

"What's everyone laughing about?" I turned around to see JJ asking us why we were laughing.

"y/n has-" Pope started.

"Has a pimple on my- uh- armpit?" I said widening my eyes at Pope. 

Kie, JB and Pope started chuckling. JJ walked up to me lifting me.

"Well, let's see!" JJ says trying to lift my arm.

I shut my arms tight to my body not allowing him to see.

"I'm tired so imma go to sleep now" I announced.

JJ put me down.

"I think I'm going to go to," JJ said as I walked towards the house.

I saw JJ making his way into the house. I grabbed a quick drink of water in the kitchen. I closed the fridge door and turned around seeing JJ standing behind me. He looked into my eyes. His eyes were so blue you could see your reflection in them. 

"What are you doing?" I asked walking towards the couch and setting up my bed. 

He didn't say anything back he just sat on the couch tapping his leg asking me to come to sit. So I did.

"What do you want?" I said.

"Are you sure you OK about today with Jake?" he asked me in a soft tone. 

"No... No, I'm not" I replied with my eyes starting to fill with tears.

"I'm scared," I said and then he hugged me. He hugged me so tightly and I felt so comfortable as if I could never let go. He then gave me a quick smooch on the forehead. He always did that when I was sad.

I then dozed off in JJ's arms. He laid down with me and we shared a blanket. I have never felt so safe ever since my parents passed. 

~