SPECIAL CHAPTER

thank all you so much for all the reads!! it means a lot to me!!
this chapter is from venti's POV!
_____

I love you. The way your eyes look when you've found something new or interesting, when your hair shimmers in the sunlight. I love your flushed cheeks, and the bags under your eyes from staying up late, planning out your day. I love the way we sit at the top of Starsnatch Cliff, watching the sun sink into the horizon. You tell me how beautiful it is, and ask me what I think. You genuinely want to know. I always describe it the way you do, even though I've seen it thousands of times throughout countless decades. I love nothing more than the way you delicately hold a Cecilia, and weave it into the picnic basket you always bring when we sit on the cliff. You know I love you cooking, and I love you even more. Little is more inviting than your prayers to Barbatos, wishing for flowers and small objects you see in shops. You don't know that I'm the one your praying to, and I don't tell you. I don't want to spoil this. Nothing is more beautiful than the way you squeal with joy when you stumble upon something you were looking for, even though you accidentally skipped over it several times. I love the way your eyes light up, and you call my name to come look. The way your treasure everything- no matter what it is- and hold it gently to your chest. The way you call my name and run into my arms every morning, like it's been years. There's nothing about you I can't love.

But today I hate you. I hate the way you carry the vision of someone else, someone who isn't me. I hate how your forming bonds with all sorts of people from the Adventurers Guild, like that girl with the bird. I hate how your growing close to the Knights of Favonius, and I hate how Lisa is getting you a job alongside her. I hate the sadness in your eyes when you bought that cape, and I hate how frustrated you get it when it constantly trips you up. I hate how I hide in trees just to watch you train. I hate the way you smile at other people. I hate how comfortable you are around them. I hate how strange your starting to feel about me. And I hate how someday you might realize the things I've done.

Most of all...
I hate sitting here, at the Angel's Share, watching Diluc's eyes light up as he sees you.
I hate how I'm losing control.
I hate keeping you confined to Mondstadt.
And I hate the guilt gripping my chest as you say hello.
Not to me, but your other friends.

I grip my glass. I wish it was just us two again. I might have to ask Morax for a favor soon.
And I hate that.