prologue

No matter what happened, you always knew you could rely on your good friend Venti.

It was a good start, really. But also a strange one. There you were, in Wolvendom. Just picking wolfhooks. Quite lonely. But that didn't bother you. Being alone, and not burdening anybody, was what you liked. You loved wolfhooks. Almost as much as being alone like that. The color was deep and luscious, and the shape was very interesting. But today you were feeling very special. You were looking for the red variation* , quite difficult to find, but the taste and healing properties were worth it. Every last hour. Every last desperate wish, every last uncovering of the wrong color. The wrong kind. The sun was beginning to sink into the hills, and you had only found one. 3 hours ago. You sank to the floor, eyes misting. How would you decorate the cake now? A pitiful birthday party, sure, but it was something. A symbol of how far you had made it. "Ehe~ quite a struggle you've had, yes?" A cheerful, light voice. Harmonious and kind, whispering like the wind. It drew you in, while sending chills down your spine. "Hm?" You whip your head around, eyes landing apon a boy in a tree. His hair was mostly black, with ombre tips blending into the roots. A green and cream ensemble, with a large cape trailing out behind him. Slightly puffed sleeves, and a feathered hat, all styled with the same palette. It was quite pretty to look at, and it took you a moment to process all that before landing on the lyre in his hands. It was beautiful. The wood was sleek and smooth, and fashioned with a flower. It must have cost a fortune. The boy watched you, a smirk dancing across his face, and allowed you to soak in his appearance before speaking again. "My name is Venti, Venti the bard! Three time winner of most popular bard in Mondstadt, ehe." He drew out a small handful of red berries, the exact kind you had been searching for. "And it seems you've been looking for these." You let out an excited squeak at their appearance, which seemed to amuse Venti. Not thinking, you reached out to them, before the bard swiped them away. "Ah ah~ introductions first!" You pulled away, suddenly realizing the extent of your bad manners. "S..sorry." you whispered throatily. "My name is S/O." Venti chuckled softly, and extended his hands, filled to the brim with berries. "No need to be sorry! I just wanted to know your name, that's all. Why don't we meet up sometime? These interactions are quite enjoyable after all..." You nodded, eyes beginning to water at this sudden kindness. And only when he jumped off his tree, and turned to walk away, you noticed the gleaming vision.

The cake was delicious.

* this is a hint to barbaras story quest! You start off looking for red wolfhooks im pretty sure :D