First Night and Day

Comenzar desde el principio

"Now, before we begin, Professor Dumbledore would like to say a few words." The woman said.

Dumbledore stood. "I have a few start-of-term notices that I wish to announce. The first-years, please note, that the Dark Forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also, our caretaker, Mr. Filch has asked me to remind you, that the third-floor corridor, on the right-hand side, is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death. Thank you." Harry, Ron and I exchanged a look.

"Now when I call your name, you will come forth, I shall place the sorting hat on your head, and you will be sorted into your houses." She said, picking up the filthy hat. Oh, come on!

I know baby, but this is something you'll have to do. Mom whispered to me.

Looks like I'll be taking a long ass shower before bed tonight.

"Abbott, Hannah!" A pink-faced girl with blonde hair that was in pigtails went up and the hat was placed on her head, again making me cringe.

"HUFFLEPUFF!" Cheers came from the long table on my right.

"Black, Pandora!" Geez, the second one? At least I can get this over with. I walked up to the chair, ignoring the whispers from the students. I sat on the stool and cringed again when the hat hit my head.

"Ah, a demigod. Haven't seen one of you in a long time. At least not for a few centuries. And a Daughter of Aphrodite, interesting. Even more so with your bravery and skill. GRYFFINDOR!!" The hat yelled out the last word and the table on the far left cheered. I got the disgusting hat off my head and sat next to one of the twins I met on the train.

"Hello again, luv." He said with a grin. "Fred Weasley, at your service." He said jokingly. I smiled and nodded as we all turned back to the Sorting Hat. I didn't pay a lot of attention to any student that didn't make it into Gryffindor. We got Lavender Brown, Seamus Finnigan, that Hermione girl, the toad kid Neville, an Indian girl named Parvati Patil, and I only vaguely noticed when Draco got into Slytherin.

"Potter, Harry!" The old witch called out. The entire hall held their breaths, and even I did. Harry was someone I wanted to be friends with, especially since our families were connected, so I really wanted to be in the same house as him.

"GRYFFINDOR!" The hat yelled. The entire Gryffindor table stood and cheered louder than any before. Harry came and sat next to me and I gave him a friendly hug as some of the older students leaned over each other to shake his hand.

Eventually, we made it to the end of the students. "Weasley, Ronald!" Ron looked ready to hurl as the hat was placed on his head.

"Ha!" The hat said out loud. "Another Weasley! I know just what to do with you. GRYFFINDOR!" Ron looked so relieved as me and Harry cheered along with Fred, his unnamed twin and another red-haired boy with glasses joined in. I gave him a hug as well as he joined the table. 

After the very last student, some kid with the name Blaise, got sorted into Slytherin, Dumbledore stood up. "Let the feast begin."

Food appeared on the plates in buffet level amounts. All sorts of food. This was even cooler than Camp Half-Blood. I was about to help myself, but I stopped. How was I supposed to give the gods their offering without drawing attention? It was like a habit by now, after doing it every meal during the 8 years I've lived at the camp. I felt something appear in my pocket and I pulled out a little piece of parchment. In between my legs, just out of sight of everyone else, was a bowl filled with fire.

Chiron told me about the meal offerings at camp, so the kitchen gave this as a solution. It will only burn the food and it will disappear back to the kitchens once you give the offering. -D.