Chapter 3: Plight of the Trickster Familia

Start from the beginning

Guard: You mean that was real?

Raul: That's right, keep an eye on them while I get the captain out here.

Guard: Y-Yes sir!!!

Raul then rushed inside and ran quickly to Finn's office passing Aki on the way.

Aki: What's the rush?

Raul: Something urgent came up I need the captain's help for this.

Aki: I'll go with you then. I have a day off today and have nothing better to do.

She'd never say out loud that she just wanted to spend her day with him but he's too dense to get the message. They barged into Finn's office where they found him along with the rest of the executives.

Raul: Captain!!!

Finn: My, this must be important if you're going to disturb our discussion on the next expedition.

Raul: I'm terribly sorry, but something came up outside while I was on guard duty and your presence would be a big help.

Bete just scoffed at him when he finished.

Bete: It's just guard duty, what the hell could be so hard that you need the captain's help?

Raul: You mean you didn't hear what happened at the guild earlier today?

Tiona: No, tell us!

Raul: Apparently the Freya familia executives were trying to recruit a bunch of kids to their familia.

Bete: Why would they be interested in a bunch of squirts?

Raul: Beats me, but that's not the craziest part.

Lefiya: What happened next?

Raul: Vana Freya lost his cool when they turned down the request to join and-

Riveria: Wait, you're telling me that they turned down a chance to join one of the top familias in Orario?

Raul: Yeah but that's not all. He attacked a young demi elf girl but she caught his spear with only her fingers. She even dodged all his attack without breaking a sweat.

Bete: BULLSHIT!!! There's no way some kid is that fast.

Raul: You think that's crazy? A little renard girl pretty much thrashed Bringar single handedly. Then some blonde boy beat Ottarl.

Riveria: The King was beaten?

Tione: That can't be right!

Raul: That's what I heard. The kid hardly put any effort and the King was on his knees panting.

Finn: If we assume they are all that strong, then we should tread with caution if some are trying to join us here. Okay, I'll go out and see them with you. Gareth and Riveria, come with me.

Gareth: Aye.

Riveria: In a moment.

The high elf couldn't help but notice her daughter deep in thought.

Aiz: (Maybe they can help me with getting stronger but-)

Riveria: Are you think what I think you're thinking?

Aiz: I want to ask them how they got that strong, but I also want to see if Bell wants to train with me.

Riveria: Oh? And why the sudden thought about him hmm?

She raised her eye brow but had to stifle a giggle as Aiz blushed a little and looked away.

Aiz: I want to try to make up for not being there when he needed help so figured I'd help by training with him.