𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

Start from the beginning

"Is he asleep?" Nat asks.

"No, I'm pretty sure he's dead." Rhodey mutters. 

"Where to start?" Thor asks as the Reality Stone shows up on his screen. "Um.. the Aether, first, is not a stone, someone called it a stone, before. It's more of a... an angry sludge thing, so... someones gonna have to amend that." I watch the drunk God continue his presentation from the back of the room, trying to stay as serious as possible. "Here's an interesting story though, many years ago... My grandfather had to hide the stones from the Dark Elves..." He wiggles his fingers to imitate a spooky ghost, making me nearly break my serious face. "Wooooh, scary being! So Jane," An image of a woman comes up on the screen. "oh, there she is. That's Jane... she's an old flame of mine... she... she stuck her hand inside a rock this one time and then the Aether stuck itself inside her... and, she became, very, very sick. So I had to take her to Asgard, which is where I'm from, and we had to try and fix her.... We were dating at the time, you see. I got to introduce her to my Mother... who's dead." He looks down at the floor for a moment, a little broken at the thought of his mother. "And oh, you know, Jane and I aren't even dating anymore, these things happen though you know, nothing last forever." Tony begins to try get him back to his chair but he refuses. "I'm not done yet, the only thing-" He turns to us again. "The only thing permanent in life is impermanence." 

"Awesome." Tony says. "Eggs? Breakfast?"

"No." Thor says. "I'd like a Bloody Mary, thank you." 

We ate the takeaway food while Rocket took his turn talking.

"Quill said he stole the Power Stone from Morag." He begins.

"Is that a person?" Scott asks from his food.

"Morag's a planet. Quill was a person." Rocket corrects him.

"A planet? Like in outer space?" He asks.

"Oh look. It's like a little puppy, all happy and everything!" Rocket ruffles Scott's hair a little as he talks in a higher pitched voice. "Do you wanna go to space? You wanna go to space, puppy? I'll take you to space." 

The screen in the room changes to the Soul Stone and Nebula stands in front of all of us.

"Thanos found the Soul Stone on Vormir." She says, looking down at the floor. She didn't seem to happy about the subject at hand.

Nat, sat next to me, was writing down notes as she asked questions. "What is Vormir?" 

"A domination of death." She says. "At the very centre of Celestial existence. It's where..." She pauses for a moment and I look over at her from Nat's own notes. "Thanos murdered my sister." 

Nat looks up from her writing and we all go into an awkward silence until Scott breaks it.

"Not it."  

"That Time Stone guy..." Now... let's not question how it ended up with me, Tony, Natasha and Bruce on the table and floor staring up at the ceiling. It just... happened.

"Doctor Strange." Bruce adds.

"Yeah... what kind of doctor was he?" She asks him.

"Ear-nose-throat meets rabbit from a hat." I hear Tony mutter.

"Nice place in the village, though." Bruce says.

"Yeah. Sullivan Street."

"Hmmmm. Bleeker."

"Wait." Nat says. "He lived in New York?"

"No, no." Tony says sarcastically. "He lived in Toronto." I roll my eyes. "Were you even paying attention?"

"Guys, if you pick the right year, there are three stones in New York."

I sit up, nearly hitting my head on the table. "Wait... seriously?"

"Shut the front door."

We walked up and stood on the podium, all seeming a little nervous.

"Five years ago, we lost. All of us. We lost friends... We lost family... We lost a part of ourselves. Today, we have a chance to take it all back. You know your teams, you know your missions. Get the stones, get them back. One round trip each. No mistakes. No do-overs. Most of us are going somewhere we know. But it doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives. And we're gonna win." Steve says, looking over at all of us. "Whatever it takes. Good luck."

Rocket smiles. "He's pretty good at that."

Scott, who looks pretty excited agrees with him. "Right?!"

"Stay safe, won't you?" I say to Yelena.

"I'm always safe." She scoffs.

"When we get back I'm gonna make a list of all the other times you've been safe." I say, making her smile. 

"All right, you heard the man. Stroke those keys, jolly green!" Tony shouts to Bruce. 

"Tractors engaged." 

"You promise to bring that back in one piece, right?" Rocket asks, looking over at Clint, of who was addressing the shrunk ship in Clint's hand.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay." Clint says. "I'll do my best." He smiles

"As promises go... that was pretty lame." Rocket says with his arms crossed.

Bruce stands next to Scott and clicks something on his arm, making it beep. Nat smiles over at me and Yelena before over at Steve.

"See you in a minute."

a/n- hehe