Chapter 8 : Journey To Hogwarts

Start from the beginning

"Presenting you Draco Malfoy and his cronies Crabbe and Goyle. He thinks he's free to do whatever he wishes just because his family is filthy rich",

"His father is no different from him, they were all on the side of you-know-who, when he was in power, but when you-know-who was defeated, the Malfoys along with many other pureblood families pretended they never supported him, dad tells us loads of stuff like this" said Ginny with a sombre look. Hayley made a mental note to herself to not get involved in any business with Malfoy.

"But what were you doing with Professor Snape of all people, in Diagon Alley," Hermione asked with a thoroughly perplexed expression. Hayley then explained her introduction to the wizarding world by Professor Mcgonagall and her trip to Diagon Ally with Professor Snape. They eventually started talking about other subjects and had treats from the trolley for lunch.

Later in the evening darkness began to envelop the mountains and the thick forests, and the train was now going slower than before, the girls changed into their Hogwarts Robes and waited to reach the Hogsmeade Station. A voice echoed through the train asking them to leave their trunks behind and that they would be transported to their dorms. When the train stopped the three girls joined the crowd getting down the train. As soon as they got down, Hayley spotted a huge man standing with a huge lantern,

"FIRST YEAR O'ER HERE! FIRST YEARS O'ER HERE!" He shouted.

"That's Hagrid, he's the Gamekeeper and the Keeper of Keys and Grounds of Hogwarts," said Hermione, Hayley nodded understanding as she and Ginny walked towards him, Hermione waved at Hagrid to which he also responded with a wave, Hermione then walked away from them.

As Hayley and Ginny waited next to Hagrid, a blonde-haired boy stood next to them. He was looking bored. Hayley was never the one to socialise with others, but thought she could change that from now. She felt slightly uncertain, but swallowed it and introduced herself to the boy next to her.

"Hi, I'm Hayley, You?" The boy looked at her with an emotionless face and replied,

"I'm Xanthus, Xanthus Sayre,", Ginny saw them talking and introduced herself too "I'm Ginny Weasley,"

 Xanthus just gave her a nonchalant nod.

After all the first years huddled around Hagrid, he started walking outside the station, into a dark path. Almost nothing was visible and yet a boy behind Hayley kept on clicking photos in his gigantic camera, each time the camera flashed, Hayley could see the path a bit more clearly so she didn't mind him, on the other hand, Xanthus was visibly annoyed at the camera and kept on grunting under his breath.

"Jus' a bit further and yeh can see Hogwarts" said Hagrid in his booming voice.

All the students gasped as the beautiful castle came into view. Hayley thought the Castle was the most beautiful thing, she had ever seen in her life, she admired how the castle elegantly perched on the high mountains and looked over the still black lake. Ginny let out an excited giggle, and the boy with the camera started taking more pictures than ever, even Xanthus, had his mouth gaping open. Hagrid then instructed them to get on little boats which lined up at the shore of the lake, adding that only 4 students were allowed on a boat. Hayley, Ginny, Xanthus and the boy with the camera who's name was Colin, got on a boat. Once all students got in the boats started sailing down the lake. Colin's camera flashes were now blinding the other three, while Ginny and Hayley shielded their eyes with their hands,

Xanthus started shouting, "OI! PUT THAT THING DOWN! Are you trying to make us blind?!",

"I'm sorry, it's just that my father's a muggle and I want him to see all this, I'm going to send him these via letters" said Colin with a nervous smile, though he did put the camera down.

Shortly a tunnel came into view and Hagrid told them to duck their heads, after that they reached an underground harbour sort of place and got down. Hagrid took them to the castle and knocked the gigantic oak doors, three times, to Hayley's surprise, Professor Mcgonagall came opening the doors and closing them behind her.

"The First years Professor," said Hagrid,

"Thank you, Hagrid, I can take them from here" said Professor Mcgongall in her stern yet polite way. Hagrid gave her a small bow before walking away.

Mcgonagall's swept over all first year's, but Hayley could bet that the Professor's eyes lingered slightly longer on her.

"Welcome to Hogwarts students, now please follow me into the Chamber, where I'm about to give you some important instructions" said Professor Mcgonagall and all students quickly filled into the room the professor had pointed to.

✫✫✫✫

𝙏𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙝 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙤𝙡𝙠𝙨!💫

𝙎𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙚 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙣𝙚𝙭𝙩 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 !⚡

𝙊𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙞𝙩 𝙞𝙨 𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙬𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙚 𝙖𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙨.

𝘼𝙣𝙙 𝙄'𝙢 𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙚𝙭𝙘𝙞𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙓𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙝𝙪𝙨 𝙝𝙖𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙧𝙤𝙙𝙪𝙘𝙚𝙙 !

𝙒𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙝 𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙙𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙠 𝙃𝙖𝙮𝙡𝙚𝙮 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙚 𝙨𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤? 𝙏𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙢𝙚 𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙨.

𝙏𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙣𝙚𝙭𝙩 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧,
𝙒𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚❤,

𝑲.𝑻 𝑺𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒆𝒕𝒕